Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 07:15 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

As I am helping to pay for this arsehole's education and personal bogyguard I think he should learn to behave himself. We pay the royals to do a job and bad publicity is not part of the job description.

Royle family - my arse!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-14-2002, 08:07 AM   #22
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good point, well made Donut.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:35 AM   #23
Epona
Zartan

I don't care what they do, and I'd rather not hear about it.
I think that's rich that Charlie is wound up about it - I mean he talks to plants.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:06 AM   #24
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
And Harry is just being a normal lad, having the normal urges that normal lads do. Everyone want's to be a rebel, its the COOL thing to do. He also admitted to drinking underage, but hasn't everone else done that? I'm still underage now, and so is my bro, and we both drink.

Give my regards to the dutch.....

sorry, I waited till I was 21 (legal age in USA) before partaking of the fermented grains and fruits of the field.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:39 AM   #25
Thoran
Galvatron

If you Brits are all such angels the I've got one question...

where the heck does Punk Rock come from? Are those guy imported (maybe from Holland [img]smile.gif[/img] ) to give the London underground scene that "Edgyness" that the world knows and loves? If so then how come they're the ONLY singers in the whole country that actually SOUND British while their singing. (instead of like they're from somewhere in Ohio)

Honestly I think you guys are really hard on your Royals... but as long as they keep taking your money they're defacto saying "we can live with the abuse".

Where I grew up (Western New York), a little weed was nothing to get you panties in a bunch about... way over half the kids in my class were known to partake.

And regarding Alcohol not being natural... I'd have to disagree. There's evidence that fermented beverages were one of the first things human beings learned how to make... and that the Invention of Bread was a BYPRODUCT of brewing. Not to mention that it's just about as natural a process as you can get... ever heard of Lambic beers? Take a concoction with sugar in it, leave it exposed to mother nature in an attic somewhere, come back after a while and tadaaa... beer! Not just beer but beer that some people in the US will pay $20.00 a PINT for (or more).
Old 01-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #26
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Firstly, to Morgeruat: Well, I can happily say I've been drinking since my very first year of age ending with -teen.

and to Thoran: Hey, we ain't such angels, or at least no one I know is.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:55 PM   #27
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Come on Thoran, no one was saying that English citizens are Saints but the royal family has to have different standards to live by or else they are just some family that we give our money too. The whole point of the royal family in Briton now is to attract tourism, go to wimbeldon or ascot, etc. We don't give them our money so they can act like us.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #28
Thoran
Galvatron

My point exactly... if they're willing to take your money than they've no grounds to complain. The rest was just poking fun at the seriousness with which you guys seem to be taking the whole subject.

One thing I heard on the news here did bug me though... someone was saying how Charles should be "father of the year" (their quote not mine) for dealing with this situation so well and such. It would seem to me that paying to send your child to a rehab center takes NO parenting skill whatsoever... a "father of the year" would have cleared the polo schedule and spent some quality time with his kid. (FWIW - I'm not sure if the quote came from the British media or the US media... but it goes to show that some people just don't have a clue!)
Old 01-14-2002, 07:46 PM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
My point exactly... if they're willing to take your money than they've no grounds to complain. The rest was just poking fun at the seriousness with which you guys seem to be taking the whole subject.

One thing I heard on the news here did bug me though... someone was saying how Charles should be "father of the year" (their quote not mine) for dealing with this situation so well and such. It would seem to me that paying to send your child to a rehab center takes NO parenting skill whatsoever... a "father of the year" would have cleared the polo schedule and spent some quality time with his kid. (FWIW - I'm not sure if the quote came from the British media or the US media... but it goes to show that some people just don't have a clue!)

Just to put you right - the original news has turned out to be something of an exageration. Charles took Harry to a rehab clinic one afternoon to show him how he could end up if he kept taking drugs. It is this action that people are applauding.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-14-2002, 10:42 PM   #30
Thoran
Galvatron

lol, figures that the US press would get all the details wrong (especially if their errors make the story juicier!) CNN was saying that Prince Charles had him going to rehab.