Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-30-2001, 09:36 AM   #1
Carson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which Druid Kit is the best? i tried the shapeshifter thingie and its practically useless... unless you're 13 level.. in which you can change into a greater werewolf... so once again i ask... which is the best druid kit?
Old 05-30-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

My personal favorite is the shapeshifter, but you could try the Avenger Druid..he takes a penalty in Strength and Constituition I think but he gets to cast mage spells and being able to shapeshift into a lesser basilisk is just cool. The Totemic Druid seems rather useless (summoned animals are easy to come by) and he can't shapeshift at all..

------------------
Why?
Old 05-30-2001, 10:44 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
My personal favorite is the shapeshifter, but you could try the Avenger Druid..he takes a penalty in Strength and Constituition I think but he gets to cast mage spells and being able to shapeshift into a lesser basilisk is just cool. The Totemic Druid seems rather useless (summoned animals are easy to come by) and he can't shapeshift at all..

Totemic druids are good. Those summoned animals are spirit animals not normal animals and so have special abilites and scuh. I have done the game twice with my totemic druid awhile ago and considering the amount of time i have finished the game i suppose thaty doesnt mean much. Bu ti say go totemic druid

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-30-2001, 12:51 PM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I just started a Half-Elf Avenger, and am rather enjoying it. The -2 penalty to str and con is not a big deal, Druids are lousy fighters anyways. The new shapeshifts are really good early in the game. Sword Spider gives you 5 attacks/round, poison attack, and an AC boost. Fire Salamander gives ~40% fire resist, increased movement (barely noticable at +1 to move), and a minor fireball attack.

I never really played a Druid before, except in Icewind Dale (where they get descent spells). The normal Shapeshifts (wolf and the two bears) are completely useless.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:41 PM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

The avenger druid has chain lightening,chaos,chromnatic orb,improved invis and some others which combined with shapeshifting & stonskin will make them very powerful. Not so in Bg2 as they can only get to 14th level. but in throne ofg bhaal at level 20 or so they should be good. Totemic druids are better than normal druids but worse than the other two.

------------------
Noldor,Blood is on your hands
Your Bane's a Tearful Destiny

Old 05-30-2001, 01:43 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I prefer the shapeshifter but it really cheesy that you get only ONE greater werewolf change.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:40 PM   #7
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, Lifetime, Avengers can't shapeshift into lesser basilisks. They changed that, and now they turn into baby wyverns. Really, the only useful one of the three is the Sword Spider, since it is one of the best mage disruptors around. The Greater Werewolf is alright, too.
One thing to remember is that if you import your druid from BG1, the -2 to Str and Con aren't applied. So really, there only disadvantage is that they can't wear studded leather. I always give them Bracers of AC 3 or 4 anyway, so it really is never a problem.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:47 AM   #8
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Well I went with a Warrior Druid myself, I played the druid through the whole game, leveled quick, and never shapechanged once. Who needs shapechanging when you can summon tons of monsters to fight for you.
I played her a dual class human female, 13 Fighter/14 druid. she leveled quick, I was maxxed out in levels I think before exiting the Drow City area. As a pure druid, I would go with the Totemic Druid. Add the spirit animal summoning along with your normal druid summoning, and you will have a virtual army of animals to fight by your side... spirit animals, elementals, etc. Basically a summoner/healer with good fighting skills.
I Grandmastered her with the sling, so she could sit back and whack enemies with nice sling bullets . Plus she wore Full Plate mail or better, had a shield up, and really wasn't in any trouble at any time. A darn Summoning/healing tank. That frikin fire elemental cleared entire dungeons by itself.

And there is a reason you can only shapechange into a greater werewolf once a day, cause they are some major baaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd buggers.