Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well just finished watching this movie. And OMG. What a eye opener to the evilness of fastfood. After two weeks of eating fast food the guy was starting to do liver damage. And after 12 days he gained 10% of his body weight. Man I had to go and eat a orange just to feel good about my self.

Anyone else watch this movie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit for the spelling of orange

[ 04-04-2005, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
I had to go and eat a oeange
Wow!! What do they taste like??
Yeah, I have seen this and it was very interesting, but like the people at Mcdonalds said, their food is not supposed to be eaten everyday and with nothing else, plus I think he was just very unlucky, as there are hundreds of people that really do just eat McDonalds, in fact, a woman that my Mum works with almost always eats only Mcdonalds, she only skips it when she cant get there....
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Well, he took a rather one-sided diet; nowadays McDonalds sells enough non-fat/low-carb food to compensate. In fact, I believe there was someone who actually went to eat at McDonalds for two weeks on end and ended up losing weight.

<font size=0>* Not a fast food apologist, by the way. I don't think I eat more than 4 times a year at McDonalds, to be honest. </size>

[ 04-04-2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:25 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I total agree with you there. That he was a little extreme. Heck he even said that in the movie. But he also stated the fact that some people do eat there more then 3 times a week. And I am sure some of these people will get some of the problems he had.

The bigger point of the movie is that in the US and maybe other parts of the world obesity is a big problem. There was other messages that he was trying to get accross. The fact that schools do not have to force one to take gym class. He also looked at the lunch programs in schools and how the choices they were given were crap.

I think he just used Mac D for a example. They are the largest fast food joint out there. Heck I love Big macs still. I may cut back on how often I go there. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

I recently read an article about a professor who argued to his students that "supersize me" was commentary not documentary. To prove it he did the same thing, ate only at McD's for a month and supersized his order whenever possible. He not only lost weight but lowered his cholesterol.

The secret? He also exercised 60 or 90 minutes a day, 7 days a week.

People get fat from an unhealthy lifestyle that they choose, both what they choose to eat and what they choose to do with their time.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You want to talk FAT, let's look at BK's new breakfast omlette sandwich. 800 calories and about 50 grams of fat!!!!! That's horrible, isn't it.

Maybe not:
A regular size frappacino from Starbuck's tops the 600 calorie mark.

Now, for those not learned at this stuff, that means with one morning coffee drink you just inhaled over 25% of your calories for the DAY based on the GENEROUS 2000-calorie diet.

And, if you want to simply avoid gaining weight WITHOUT regular exercise, your diet actually needs to be about 10 calories per pound, or 1200 calories for a 120 lb. female. That means that cup of coffee is fully HALF what the girl should eat, FOR THE DAY.

No wonder we're a nation of fatasses. I know people who will order a medium pizza for lunch and EAT IT. :blech:

[ 04-04-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 04-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I laughed when his girfriend (the vegan chef) exholled the virtues of his last meal. Vegetable Tart, roasted vegetables and a side order of salad, all of which looked absolutely disgusting. After that culinary abortion I was actually looking forward to eating at MD's for a month.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

OK here's my point of view: I don't eat in McDonald's but in theory you live very good. You get some calories, vegetales etc. but only if you do some workout. Otherwise the results are obvious.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My view exact. I eat MD's about once every 2-3 weeks, and work out 4 times a week and do 1/2 hour cardio per day.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

I've tried the diet thing in the past... it just doesn't work for me. I end up starving and then eating more. What works better is to eat a consistant amount daily and try to make THAT stuff healthy instead of eating less (and then grabbing that bag of chips when I can't take it anymore).

It's a pretty simple recipe for me - when I exercise I lose weight, when I don't exercise I gain weight.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote