Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3979477.stm

Hmm...what thinkest thou? Myself, I have to say they really annoy me. If I visit London and try to look around the sights the last thing I want is him blaring in my ear right in the middle of a great tourist attraction. If he wants to protest, he can do it down the road...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
MagiK

Well over here..your right to protest stops when it infringes on other peoples rights. Im not familiar enough with Englands way of doing things...but it sounds like they are following the proper methodology at any rate.....they state current law was not sufficient to handle the current mess...so...they are working on new laws. Sounds like a sensible way to go about things....unless there is some reason to believe this would be an illegal move by the government to supress individual freedoms.....Ummm I guess I am saying....Geee...I don't know
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

Just an attempt to silence him because he embarasses Blair in front of the tourists. I've passed him by on a number of occasions and haven't heard any noise.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

The problem with the idea that protests shouldn't upset people, get in people's way, or generally cause a disturbance is that it kind of removes the whole point of them. How many people are you going to persuade if they can't hear you? Why on earth would you protest about Blair going to war far away from Blair himself? The simple fact of the matter is that if the guys got the right to protest then it has to mean something, and if it has to mean something then he has to be able to actually make the protest count. If the protest has to be held away from the action and to not bother anyone then the right to protest isn't worth the name - it'll just be a token gesture. Theres no point in having that right if you can't exercise it.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote