Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Sept.23, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbringer View Post
Hey FSA, hang in there. Something will come up for you, I'm sure!
That said, by the end of this week I should be drawing a paycheck from either Dollar Tree or Walgreens. Nothing glamorous, but better than unemployed by far. Besides, I like retail work. Walgreens is the more likely of the two, I think.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Update: As of this monday, I'm officially employed. Hooray!!! Starting at minimum wage, and it's only seasonal. But, seasonal can lead to regular, or worst case, it's at least a more recent reference than three years ago.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Sept.23, 2011

Everyone has to start somewhere. Minimum wage seasonal employment is still better than no employment.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi, if anyone remembers me from back in the day!

I am still alive and kicking (and gaming!) and just fancied saying hello to anyone that remembers me from days gone by
Old 10-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Wow I didnt realise this place was still going, I dont think I've visited Ironworks since the days of Baldur's gate!

Anyway I just accidentally found the site again, most of you probabally dont remember me but I recognise a few names from the old days, just thought I'd drop a line and say hi whilst I was here, for old times sake.

And of all the funny coincidences it looks like I'm not the only one to make a return today. I remember you Epona or at least I recognise your name.

Last edited by Daniel; 10-25-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hi Daniel. I actually met Epona in person years ago, a great gal and a blast to hang out with. Haven't seen her online in ages though. Maybe someday though. That is what I like about Ironworks, it stays online so sometimes people return after many years.

On another note, blah I can't sleep tonight. Waiting and waiting to get tired. So far not happenin. Luckily I took tomorrow off so OK. Maybe I'll read a boring book LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Just thought I'd stop in and say hi, if anyone remembers me from back in the day!

I am still alive and kicking (and gaming!) and just fancied saying hello to anyone that remembers me from days gone by

Oh shite I didn't even see your post LOL. Hey gal! Glad to see you again and that you are still doing well, and gaming. Keep in touch if you are able! And if you have facebook look me up or message me here with your FB details. Love to hear from you again after all these years. My life is totally different now than when we used to chat LOL.

Wendy

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

You're not a raging alcoholic anymore then?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #19
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Really starting to appreciate how much my family and close friends mean to me. We've had an awful weekend, with my best friend's mum dying of cancer. Horrific end, really...

Hoping that all on here are well, and are enjoying the beginning of the Christmas season.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

So, I've decided to upgrade my desktop rather than get a laptop. At least, for the time being. Got a 500w power supply to replace the old 250w supply that it came with. And my new video card is on the way. In my digging around I found some 1000w and even 2000w supplies, and I'm left wondering what kind of home system would call for that much power?

On a side note, I was biking to work a couple weeks ago and I managed to snap my rear axel. $60 to replace the wheel.

Loving my job, still wishing I was making more money/hours, but I'm still only several months new there. I may consider taking some business/management courses at somepoint. I really enjoy the retail environment, but if I want to make any kind of living doing this, I need to get at least some kind of lower management position.