Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey, Just a somber follow-up to this thread concerning my cat, Twila.

I would also like to reiterate and accent my thanks to my friends, aquantiences, and fellow forum dwellers here at Ironworks who lent their support and shared their thoughts.

From my Journal:

I am quite saddened to report that Twila's condition rapidly deteriorated over the weekend and earlier today we had to put her to rest.

She is one of my darling Angels here on Earth and beyond. She will forever have a place in my heart. Right now though my heart hurts that she has gone while still young. I foresee restless nights to come, so accustomed am I to her nestling up at my side and lulling me to sleep with her loud steady purr. She was truly a gentle beast who taught the lesson of love by being both approachable and giving of seemingly boundless affection.

Though I am deeply grieved, I am also relieved that her suffering has ended. It came quickly and, sparing the details, was quite intense. It was also very brief, thanks to our awesome Vet. He came to our home after hours and on short notice to perfom the task. Her moment of death was peaceful and in the company of her loved ones. We have arranged to have her cremated and plan to lay her remains in the Earth at a future time and place.

We also plan to adopt a new kitty in the near future.

May the tears of saddness that flow today, caused by unavoidable seperation, sow great joy for us to reap during our inevitable reunion in the fullness of life.

Take care and hug a loved one for me,

Scott
Old 08-25-2004, 02:40 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Im sad to hear that Chewbacca, I think that as long as you keep your cat in your thoughts, you shall pass on soon, just remember the good times!!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:42 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:

Take care and hug a loved one for me
Forty-five seconds later, my cat Max is no worse for wear and my black shirt in bad need of washing.

Take care of yourself. It's never easy to lose a pet... You never realize how priceless they are until they're gone or in danger.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:19 AM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Wow, I'm sorry, Chewie . I didn't think it would happen so fast. That journal is beautiful, though, and I'm sure she'd be proud of it. I can't imagine my cats dieing - it must be a tough experience. Well, you seem to be handling it responsibly and I'm sure the new cat will patch up some holes and you'll be alright.

Best wishes [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2004, 07:18 AM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am very sorry to hear she passed on I was hoping you would have more time with her than this but as you said, she is no longer suffering, and is resting peacfully now. I know she is still there, as long as you remember her, she will always be your side at night.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #6
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I'm sorry the time has finally come, Scott. My support is always here, man. Hope you find a real cute little kitty soon to take in. (Have you seen te real kitty? thread?) Could be a cheering-up kinda thing. Well, peace, man. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

sorry chewbacca. it is hard to put to rest our beloved animals. but at least you were there for her.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

That sucks. May she RIP. Be strong and I hope you will get over it.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #9
philip
Galvatron

Sorry to hear that Scott. Best wishes!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

I'm really sorry to hear that Chewie. A comforting thought should be that it is better for her this way.

Good luck getting a new cat! And hopefully you shall grow as fond of him/her as you were fond of Twila.