Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 09:32 AM   #11
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Yes, we are all nerds. In fact, we are classified as Super Nerds-- Nerds but a little bit sexy than the average nerd. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL!!! You mean modern nerds? Enhanced to lead a double life?[/QUOTE]Yup, I couldn't have said better.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:38 AM   #12
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Hexa:
Arledrian
u seem like a sensible nerd ...
Cheers, big ears!

No, I'm a semi-nerd with full-on nerdal tendencies. I strive to maintain balance. And yes Weisi, there was a stage where I was so addicted to Baldur's Gate that I was bent on finishing it. That didn't last too long, though

Old 09-24-2002, 09:41 AM   #13
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
Arledrian
u seem like a sensible nerd ...
Cheers, big ears!

No, I'm a semi-nerd with full-on nerdal tendencies. I strive to maintain balance. And yes Weisi, there was a stage where I was so addicted to Baldur's Gate that I was bent on finishing it. That didn't last too long, though
[/QUOTE]I guess they didn't make BG2 good enough did they?
Old 09-24-2002, 09:43 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I spent most of my free time in front of the computer, but given a choice to go out, and I will not complain( out with friends, vacations and fun stuff that is, not another visit to an Aunt's house where there are dozens of screaming kids...).
Old 09-24-2002, 09:44 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
First define nerd for me will ya!@
Well let's see... Blabster's Defines a Nerd as:

Nerd (Proper/N): A circus act where an individual bites heads off of live chickens without any moral questioning or hesitation all to please the audience.

hmm and apparnetly you can't use the word in scrabble either [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for me:
I'm not a Nerd [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm an Otaku.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:53 AM   #16
realbinky
Elminster

I think you mean geek. A geek was originally a circus performer, that would eat almost anything, alive or dead. The scary-bizarre guy. A nerd, was originated by doctor suess, but not defined at that time. It got a definition of a "square" in 1957, daddio.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:05 AM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I think that we are living in the age of the New Nerd, like the New Man that preceeded it 10 years ago, but with internet access. The New Nerd has come out of the internet cafe and onto the streets signalling a brave new world for all of us. They continue to be fantasy/sci-fi obsessed but now do so with the added ambiguity of post-modernist irony, which means no one really knows if they are taking themselves seriously or not at any one time. The New Nerd is not afraid to show his ignorant side and no longer feels the need to be more intelligent than non-nerds.

This rambling could go on for ever, but in conclusion: biscuits are nice, especially chocolate bourbons.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 09-24-2002, 10:16 AM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I am most definately a nerd, and have been for a few decades, and I will prove it by using a nerd-word, LOL, and leaving you a [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Worker Nerds of the world untie!!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2002, 10:39 AM   #19
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Here Here Barry! I support your theory entirely!
(Especially the part about the biscuits being nice.....Mmmmm, buscuits.... )
Old 09-24-2002, 12:08 PM   #20
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I go out a lot, have a good social life, enjoy a wide array of sports. I'm no nerd. Just a freak.