Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 04:46 PM   #11
Debaser

Interesting stuff here.......my next-next baldur's party is going to be a good one and i'm definitely making an Archer (having never played one before.) i'll be sure to come back to this thread and deck him out all crucially when his time comes.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:14 PM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
Interesting stuff here.......my next-next baldur's party is going to be a good one and i'm definitely making an Archer (having never played one before.) i'll be sure to come back to this thread and deck him out all crucially when his time comes.

Wot? By using SK from the start?
I think it's much more rewarding to develop a character and his/her equipment as the game comes along. Even the seventh time through...
Old 11-15-2001, 05:46 PM   #13
Magness
Quintesson

Jordi,

Heartseeker is a +3 composite longbow...

+4 Thac0, +2 damage, requires 18 STR
Once a day, special ability ... addition +7 thac0 for 9 seconds
Old 11-15-2001, 05:49 PM   #14
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Guys, no offence, but those boots of speed of not the greatest. I'd invest in some kind of different boots.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:52 PM   #15
Legolas
Jack Burton

You are right, the boots of speed are NOT the greatest. But I found them to be the most useful in the game for one single reason: You can outrun any enemy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Seriously, once you sneak around a corner you can hide in the shadows and pepper the oponnents from another side, or you can simplyfall back while you are shooting. For a h-t-h fighter the boots are okay, for a mage they are useful, for an Archer they are great.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:30 PM   #16
Jordi
Dungeon Master

Yes, yes, speed seems very important for an archer. Especially since with the Night's Letaher armor, I can ALWAYS hide in shadows, I sneak ahead, fire off a few, and then runlike he** for cover behind my tanks.

Now I want to refine the art of run and shoot. Except I keep running into these golems- Darn.

I also suspectI have neot been making gooduse of called shot ability. Not a day should go by when a called shot goes untouched.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:45 AM   #17
Kingenigma
The Magister

In low lvls, elven court long bows. In high lvls, Heartseeker +3 or Mana bow +4 (personal fav.)
Old 11-16-2001, 06:47 AM   #18
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I also thank you for your help guys. I need the best equipment for my new Half-Elf Archer.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:31 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Where did you get the mana bow +4?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-16-2001, 09:08 AM   #20
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Where did you get the mana bow +4?

You find it at Forest of Tethyr, I think.