Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 09:06 AM   #11
white heron
Manshoon

Hey Neb,i made a warhammer the other day,it has 70% chance of lightning strike,and does electrical damage on each hit,and can stun too.But it gets pretty hot so the wielder gets regular fire damage and has a small chance of going berserk for a bit.
Oh yeah,it gives +2 to STR and CON.
It was meant more for the effects but it may be a bit too powerful.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:19 AM   #12
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

quick question hammer or axe of storm giants? i can't decide

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats

[This message has been edited by Bruce The Aussie (edited 05-21-2001).]
Old 05-21-2001, 09:46 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:
How about a Disarm traps spell *snigger*....na!,only kidding.
I recently tried making one of those. I began with the priest spell "Find Traps" and modified it into a mage spell. It would create 2 innate abilities: one for casting on a container trap and one for an area trap. Because the traps are all scripts and I couldn't give mages the "Disarm Traps" button--the effect for "Disable Button" is easily accessible, but "Enable Button" is not---the best I could do was give the mage a temporary invulnerabilty to the trap effects. It worked reasonably well, but I abandoned it because it wasn't totally effective.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 05-21-2001, 10:24 AM   #14
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

For BG1 I would really like a mele/throwing dagger, like the magic axe that returns to the thrower's hand but a dagger for a mage. In BG1 mages have only ONE weapon slot so you can't equip them with both a mele weapon and a ranged weapon.
I have a dual class mage/thief. Since she started out as a mage she only has the one slot even though now she is a 6th level thief!

------------------
Evil around every corner. Be careful not to step in it!

Sherpa Doug
Old 05-21-2001, 10:53 AM   #15
white heron
Manshoon

Azred, Hey at least you tried.Thanks.I may make something for myself involving various spells including dimension door(for floor traps).
Old 05-21-2001, 10:57 AM   #16
white heron
Manshoon

SherpaDoug, What about the boomerang dagger that captain Dennis has? He's with his mates upstairs in Delosars Inn (bridge district).
Old 05-21-2001, 11:12 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
A blade of zapping, it would give you 100% lightning resistance, and would have 50% chance of casting a lightning spell whenever you hit anyone with it.
Out of boredom (and with an eye to ToB) I made myself a katana that has a 25% chance of casting chain lightning per hit (save vs. spells). Not to mention a few other things. I also realized how much I'd forgotten about editing.

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 11:48 AM   #18
num1esse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

again, how do u guys make items?
Old 05-21-2001, 11:57 AM   #19
Gray Mage
Banned User

Hey Aurican, I just visited your site(nice job BTW), but can not get the elven swords to download. I got the helm and all, but not the scimitars, any ideas?

I have one other question, proboaly a stupid one, I get that you have to put the items in the over ride folder, but where does one find the weapons in the game?

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 05-21-2001, 12:00 PM   #20
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Out of boredom (and with an eye to ToB) I made myself a katana that has a 25% chance of casting chain lightning per hit (save vs. spells). Not to mention a few other things. I also realized how much I'd forgotten about editing.

Memnoch, first of all how's it going? Second, how well does that katana work, and what would one have to do to see it in action?

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"