Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have not become a rapax templar yet, in fact I have not even been to rapax rift. I was wanting to rescue the umpani/t'rang prisoners for the alliance quest.

Is it alright for me to just clear the place out, or will that have lasting implications for when I visit rapx rift, ie make it harder/impossable to become neutral with the rapax.

Basically, is there any reason why I might not want to kill all the rapax here, or at least wait untill I become a templar before attempting to free the prisoners? as I understand freeing them initiates hostility anyway dosen't it?

thanks.
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, if you're a Templar and you take the prisoners into the party, all the Rapax go hostile.

What matters really is how far along you are with the quests for the two races. Typically, you would do all the tasks from each side until they want a ship destroyed. At that point, you rescue the two and get working on the alliance.

Becoming a Templar makes it easier to enter the camp, since everyone is friendly and the king sends you to question the prisoners. It's also less of a hassle to shop at Ferro's in the Rapax castle when the Rapax are friendly.

However, I don't know if you can still become a Templar if you rescue the prisoners first. Never tried that myself.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You can always become a Templar, unless you kill Al-Adryian before you talk to him. Even if you kill Al-Sedexus when you first meet her (don't talk to her) in her temple, she still reappears on the altar (and then you can kill her again in her temple). Regardless how many Rapax you kill, and what you've done in the game, including finishing the Alliance.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Scatter is right. Just did that (killed Al-Sedexus 2x). You can clear the place out at the Camp. But I think you have to do some Rapax stuff first. I think there is a problem if you clear out the Away Camp off too early as far as quests go. I'm thinking..., but no luck. You can have some problems but I can't put a finger on it.

Edit: yes, I think maybe you can never become a Templar if you kill them all at the Camp. Never have tried this.

[ 05-01-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 05-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I usually do the camp before becoming a templar. Works fine. Normaly i've been at the castle before, but i wait to do the templar thing, since i want the rapax to stay hostile. I love the big fights in the rapax castle.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

@wereboar
Made it once, too. And I say : Those fights can be VERY big .

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote