Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
Tyros the Demon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My most recent trip to the U.B.C. was one that would have made the keystone cops and three stooges look good. First, I accidentally clicked pickpocket while talking to Pvt. Panrack, and Miles got caught. (Any way to undo pickpocket when you get the question "Who shall attempt to pickpocket?")

Then, in an encounter with some of the local plant life, including a caustic vine, my blinded bard accidentally set off an icicle stick, damaging an Umpani Private and turning everybody hostile.

I managed to run away and live to tell about it. My faction rating (friendly) appears not to have changed. But is there anything I can do to not get attacked by all of the Umpani outside the encampment upon my return?

(I did manage to obtain the item needed for the Trang quests, so it may be that this will be the first time I just run through the Trang quests from start to finish).
Tyros the Demon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Right-click the mouse over the menu bar to escape PP.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
(Any way to undo pickpocket when you get the question "Who shall attempt to pickpocket?")
IIRC the escape button does the trick.

Quote:
I managed to run away and live to tell about it. My faction rating (friendly) appears not to have changed. But is there anything I can do to not get attacked by all of the Umpani outside the encampment upon my return?
Just a guess: If you didn't turn any of the NPCs hostile (say: Pvt. Panrack), you should be safe when you return a few days later. Then the current umpani patrols should be replaced by respawned ones.
I think it could even work when some are hostile. On arnika road, i sometimes accidently aggravate the hogar when i'm on route to base camp at low level. When i return, he usually becomes neutral again (i get a message about him becoming friendly).
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
SpitBall
The Magister

Strange. I have hit many kinds of allies with arrows, stones, and spells while fighting monsters, yet never have any gone hostile, even for ashort time.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

only if one dies, then or later.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 AM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Strange. I have hit many kinds of allies with arrows, stones, and spells while fighting monsters, yet never have any gone hostile, even for ashort time.
When your spells backfire, or you miss the opponent you've targeted and hit an ally, it's normally no problem. But when you're blind, you 'pick a random target'. Then you target the ally and attack him, which makes him go mad.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
SpitBall
The Magister

I try very hard not to let a blind character do very much, usually set them to "defend", or to cast positive spells. (of course, sometimes they get blinded before they cast!). I treat the insane with similar respect.

This has me wondering - if you piss off the ally in one round, then heal the "friendly fire" wounds in a subsequent round - do they become friendly again?
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

No.
It is legal to heal your enemies. Some people do it when training.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #9
SpitBall
The Magister

I usually cure the allies of their conditions, poison, paralysis, et al. after the encounters, but I'm stingy about using those spell points when my own party is still on the line. Not necessarily for training, rather, to preserve my friendly status.