Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #21
Niadh
Elminster

My paterns are very out right now, and I need to get better soon. I wake up at 7-12, totally random. And get to sleep at 11-6, again random. I feel good though.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #22
Grojlach
Zartan

My sleeping patterns have been bizarre ever since I moved into my current apartment... Incredibly bad isolation, making it too hot in the evening to fall asleep (thanks to my frowstering land-lady and her triggerhappy central heating ), while I always wake up ridiculously early because of the cold (!); I can't even recall the last time my voice wasn't hoarse upon waking up.
Anyways, trying to find another apartment now.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #23
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
There was the time a few years ago that ended up with me doing this.
so did you complete the challenge then? The topic just seemed to .......end........! No explanation of what happened!
Old 01-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #24
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, I was curious too...and if you did, how long did you sleep for afterwards? You must have had a messed up routine afterwards for a long while...

I recently learned that the optimum time to sleep is 12 - 6am, as your body temperature is lowest during that period. It is hottest at 8am and your body's metabolism is also the most efficient at that time, so it's the best time to have breakfast. The teacher who told me this also warned that your body clock can only be wound forward, so if you want to get into a sleeping routine go to bed 3 hours later each night...so one day at 11pm, next at 1am, then 4am etc...until you reach something like 10 or 11pm and stick with it. He said it works well.
I found it quite interesting...he told us other stuff like your pain/strength tolerance is highest during the late afternoon, around 5 - 6pm.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #25
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
There was the time a few years ago that ended up with me doing this.
so did you complete the challenge then? The topic just seemed to .......end........! No explanation of what happened! [/QUOTE]Yes I made it, then I crashed for basically the entire of the next day if I remember correctly.