Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001902.html

the previous thread is here

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...&f=10&t=005436

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around theworld. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for thosewho'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 12:03 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Finally a first post for me?

Hurrah!

Record this date in your history books and teach it to all the unlucky children!
You're all getting slow [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:07 PM   #3
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

*Gets up and takes plate to the kitchen, walks over to the barrel, and peers in. Takes red crispy thing, walks outside and sets it in front of mongrel laying there.*
Old 11-26-2001, 12:08 PM   #4
Manwe
Manshoon

Ah, you're so lucky!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:10 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Legolas.. LOL, ok, I'll mark the date!

Dresdan, how's the weather out your way? LOL, be careful what you feed anyone out of this place... We just had a leftovers festival with stuff from our American Thanksgiving holiday feasts.. and I'm not excactly sure what all we had around here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 11-26-2001, 12:10 PM   #6
Manwe
Manshoon

Hmm do you have any tasty snacks? What do you recommend? *searching for the list*
Old 11-26-2001, 12:10 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The shadows in the corner of the room begin to swirl, and form a door in which Larry steps through.

Hello! I do not usually visit this cafe...but saw the new thread and wanted to make a quiet little appearance.

Larry walks over to Legolas, and asks...

Actually, I wanted to ask you about your new sig...my friend.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:14 PM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

What new sig? Well, ask anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Howdy Manwe, we have coffee, tea, juice, water, hot chocolate and an assortment of goodies.. pastries, cookies, sandwiches and such.. so just decide what you want and ask! Or help yourself, the food and drink are on the counter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We don't have too much 'formal' ceremony around this place. It's for chitchatting and enjoying ourselves. MELLOW is the watchword! That and Giggle.. LOL, we do alot of laughing here, and a little crying if someone needs our support.

I'm at work, so can't post much more for now.. must go to lunch!

HI LARRY!!!! *hands Larry a nice cup of spice tea and a cookie*

Cloudy
Old 11-26-2001, 12:19 PM   #10
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Legolas.. LOL, ok, I'll mark the date!

Dresdan, how's the weather out your way? LOL, be careful what you feed anyone out of this place... We just had a leftovers festival with stuff from our American Thanksgiving holiday feasts.. and I'm not excactly sure what all we had around here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudy

It's chilly a bit to chilly for my taste, and cloudy(no the sky not you). My wife has me putting up Christmas lights already and it's cold if you stay out to long. Yes, Lagolas warned me about the barrel, Neb cooked me a very nice, very filling traditional English breakfast this morning,so i'm not hungry. I just wanted to see what the red crispy things would do.