Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-02-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I was forced out of a neighborhood I lived in once. It was a sad affair. Overpopulation will be a serious problem in a couple generations. Part of the reason the US doesn't have it as badly is that we're a relatively young country. It's going up steadily though. Between immigration and the fact that the poor have more children. Other countries are worse off. You can't tell folks to have less children. Propigation is a natural instinct. It's unfortunate that those least qualified to have lots of children are the ones that have them.

I remember living in Lawton, OK. We lived in some low cost housing and most of our neighbors were like us. Lower enlisted military families with constrained budgets. It was great at first. Neighborhood BBQs, a community garden in the back I started, no crime, no drugs. Then, as military families moved out, they were replaced by trash. The jealousy(hatred?) of the new neighbors was quite apparent. My garden was destroyed. Flower garden dug up. Car was keyed. It was all I could do to keep my area of the lawn free from trash. The unsupervised children of welfare families dragged trash and old mattresses around as playthings. The children broke into our house and stole groceries and laundrey detergent of all things! The lady across the way lived on welfare, had eight kids, and never left the house! Her unsupervised children were the suspected theives. I found out later that she instructed them to go and "gather". Drug addicts broke in and grabbed single items(VCR, TV) to trade for their hit. I had to tote myself down the street to the dealers house twice to get my stuff back by paying what the addict had traded for. My cat was killed. I called the police once because there were screaming, unattended infants two houses down. Their mother was out orally gratifying a dealer in his car to get a fix. The police told me what I already knew. I needed to move. The only reason I wasn't treated worse is because I'm a big guy and owned weapons, which I wasn't afraid to bring out. I finally got transferred shortly after that. The landlords newest tenants destroyed the housing within a few years after that. Has anyone else ever been forced out of an area due to stuff like this? Why are people like this so MEAN? There were middle class homeowners a block away who I am sure were terrified by this encroachment.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:52 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, ive never experienced anything like that but i agree with you. the people who shouldnt be having kids, are. they dont know how to care for them, and theyre having so many they cant even begin to learn. i live in a neighborhood that almost became like that, until some good people moved in (us and some of the better neighbors). there was a drug dealer down the street, and across the street was a junkie house where unattended adolsecants could go there and just do whatever.

Oklahoma isnt the only state with this problem, but it has one of the more advanced cases. my county (Sequoyah) is the highest producer of marijuana in the country, at least according to what i've heard. there are only a few decent people in the world, it seems, out of every few million.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server of Cloudy's Cafe

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-02-2001, 06:56 PM   #3
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Why are people like this so MEAN? There were middle class homeowners a block away who I am sure were terrified by this encroachment.
Why are people so mean? Well, there sure are a lot of answers to that one. Poor people (aka trash) are born bad and evil, that must be it. There is an evil gene that only poor people inherit, although sometimes a poor person is born who doesn't have the gene. Jesus must have been one of them.

The poor person version of the evil gene bypasses the white middle classes, so no worries there. So the best thing to do is to sterilise all poor people (better safe than sorry!) not to mention black people, yellow people, brown and honey coloured people, (except those than have a certificate to prove a tan) as many of them are very poor, and thus bound to be troublesome.

Bingo! Problem solved.

------------------

Exotically Ecstatic Ascended Mistress of Illumination

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 07:01 PM   #4
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Why are people so mean? Well, there sure are a lot of answers to that one. Poor people (aka trash) are born bad and evil, that must be it. There is an evil gene that only poor people inherit, although sometimes a poor person is born who doesn't have the gene. Jesus was one of them.

The poor person version of the evil gene bypasses the white middle classes, so no worries there. So the best thing to do is to sterilise all poor people (better safe than sorry!) not to mention black people, yellow people, brown and honey coloured people, (except those than have a certificate to prove a tan) as many of them are very poor, and thus bound to be troublesome.

Bingo! Problem solved.

Yipe! Wait a minute, I was one of the poor folks who needed low cost housing. I didn't mean that ALL poor people are mean, just that particular bunch. I wasn't sure, but I felt like they were trying to force me out. They glared at me like I was out of place. Every time I tried to get to know someone, they took advantage of me.

[This message has been edited by Sir Kenyth (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Yipe! Wait a minute, I was one of the poor folks who needed low cost housing. I didn't mean that ALL poor people are mean, just that particular bunch.
Just making a point, dude. How do what you call 'trash' get to be that way? It's worth a thought, maybe even two....

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination OR Paws R Us
Old 10-02-2001, 07:07 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Just making a point, dude. How do what you call 'trash' get to be that way? It's worth a thought, maybe even two....

im throwing in my opinion that they see their parents acting that way, so they do things like that as well. they dont know any better, so they learn their parents many bad habits.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-02-2001, 07:16 PM   #7
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
im throwing in my opinion that they see their parents acting that way, so they do things like that as well. they dont know any better, so they learn their parents many bad habits.

Yup, that's one element! You can go back a long way with that one.... Where did the parents learn it from, and so on. Our society's glorification of violence and criminals in movies, tv dramas and so on (including some games) might be another factor. And so on........

What Sir K is calling 'trash' is made, not born. Many people never really get access to a 'different way of being'. Going to jail is not really that helpful, - from all I know, it works as a kind of 'finishing school' where teenagers and tweens can pick up more advanced tips on living a life of crime, whilst being brutalised into the bargain.

In answer to the question..... why are people so MEAN....

------------------

Ecstatic Mistress of THE most Exotic form of Illumination currently available to man
Old 10-02-2001, 07:19 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

I called them trash because of how they acted and how they treated me. Spreading garbage around and stealing are not nice neighborly things. Even the ones I thought were freinds stole from me. They did it different though. They would borrow something(a VCR again) and then when I went to get it back, it would be mysteriously the only thing missing from their house. Strangely enough, they still had a VCR. Of course, this one was given to them by someone else. That's why they had to borrow mine and why it was in a pawn shop two blocks away. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you have to be filthy and lawless, does it?
Old 10-02-2001, 07:19 PM   #9
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Um - it's because he used the word 'trash' isn't it?

Unfortunate choice of word, Sir Kenyth!
Ok, you didn't have much - but you clearly had more than THEY did - you had stuff to steal!
In their eyes, you were a 'have', and they were 'have nots'. And you know, if you think of people as 'trash', it shows in your face and your attitude.
I have been in really bad areas in my city and in London. I have been into the homes of many people who could be considered 'trash'. MOST of them are not. They are perfectly nice people with problems, and for the most part, if you treat them as you would any decent person, they behave decently too.
Not all of them. But most. YOUR attitude, MY attitude, make a huge difference to how we treat others and are treated by them.
NO-ONE is 'trash', Sir Kenyth.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-02-2001, 07:27 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Um - it's because he used the word 'trash' isn't it?

Trash - bad word. Anyway, Cheetah is off to beddy bye now, so here's wishing you a very good night, Sir K, and good night to you as well, madame Fljotsdale!

------------------

Ecstatic Mistress of THE most Exotic form of Illumination currently available to man