Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-15-2001, 06:49 AM   #21
Drake
Baaz Draconian

My name was once bocaj (my real name spelled backwords) but then on one of the other name threads (started by Memnoch) I decided that it wasn't cool. So remembering drake ment little dragon I thought I would run the name by every one and see what they thought of it. Well people liked it so now I am drake.

wow wasn't that a great story

oh tobbin is your site down or something my sig isn't working?

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 03-15-2001, 07:31 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Bilqis that's a facinating name, thanks for the insight.

I picked Yorick years ago for web chats. Either Yorick or Alas_poor_Yorick, but people would call me Alas.

It's the "man of infinite jest" that gets a mention in Shakespears Hamlet, with a quote spoken by the prince himself.

Why? Not to many Yoricks around. Like you guys picking book names, others who've read the source are "in the know", and lastly, to quote Spinal Tap's David St.Hubbins....

"And why not?"

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-15-2001, 07:35 AM   #23
Moiraine
Anubis

I wonder how many people have chosen a name that was already taken by someone else ?
Did you find some time to mail the French Yorick I told you about, Why-Not ?

------------------
Old 03-15-2001, 07:59 AM   #24
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
My name is a messed up song title..It has lotsa meanings to me actually. It came about from Greenday's Good Riddance (Time of your Life) song and it means the span of a human life and what you do in it to make it worthwhile, eg "I've done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime, but this tops the cake"
Plus it sounds cool

Good Song!

BK
Old 03-15-2001, 08:01 AM   #25
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Also because a couple of people have asked me if I got mine from Zelda (no, I didn't, I've never played Zelda).
Hey, it was an honest question! (sigh) So misunderstood sometimes . . .

BK

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-15-2001, 08:03 AM   #26
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
My name was once bocaj (my real name spelled backwords) but then on one of the other name threads (started by Memnoch) I decided that it wasn't cool. So remembering drake ment little dragon I thought I would run the name by every one and see what they thought of it. Well people liked it so now I am drake.

wow wasn't that a great story

oh tobbin is your site down or something my sig isn't working?

I already mentioned it on another thread, but your pic as at a diff address now. You can find it here:

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/tobb...s/clawsfin.gif

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-15-2001, 08:05 AM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oops no Moirain, I may need it sent again. (Slinks off)

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-15-2001, 08:10 AM   #28
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
Sylent...
Sy-lent...
I am a sylent type of person... some might say reserved.
It sounds cool (to my mind), plus it is the most descriptive word I can think of which describes myself... I use it everywhere on the internet

I apologize if this sounds rude, but I have watched you put your pic from site to site and still seeing it disappearing. I once hosted your pic awhile back and if you would like can do it again. I have it at this address if you like:

http://members.aol.com/tobbin555/images/sylent.gif

No, don't look at me like that. *POOF*
Where did you go?
I didn't cause it honest.
Why do I hear something sneaking up behind me?
*POOF*

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-15-2001, 09:04 AM   #29
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:

Kdog-Ummm I think the reason you were called a dog in the army is because you guys are Doggies!!!! Haha!!!! Yes, Former Marine (L/Cpl 6521) insulting the army just for fun!

Lord of Alcohol- The name has been around for thousands of years and yes its me. I am immortal. Some would call me a demon, but hey I just want everyone to have a good time! I'm turnig the taps loose for the night, drink up!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, In the interest of maintaining a good rivalry I'll toss off a quick comment about what a primitave jarhead most of the Marines I've met are and then get back to business! Hehehe, anyhoo!

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener of the OHF
Old 03-15-2001, 01:56 PM   #30
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I originally encountered the character Father Bronze from the novel, The Crystal Singer. I read the novel so long ago, I don't remember exactly what the character did, but I always thought it was a cool name.

Most people in chats/posts just call me Father. Appropriate since I have a couple of young ones at home. Odd since some of the posters are old enough to be my father .

Anyway, I think the name sounds cool. Sounds wise. Can't say as I always succeed in that category, but I aspire.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 06-06-2001).]