Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-29-2002, 01:57 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For those of you who haven't heard, the pre-orders of IWD2 (made thru the Interplay online site) will NOT be shipped until TUESDAY of next week! Apparently there is a manufacturing problem with the bonus cd's.

WHEN is Interplay going to get a clue???? This game has been delayed THREE freaking months which should have been PLENTY of time to get the disc burned, the game packaged and have EVERYTHING ready to ship when they got the go ahead! ONCE again, Interplay screws over its loyal customer base! UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

There is still time to scrub your order and go pick it up at the mall right!! (Right now too, no waiting)
Old 08-29-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Bah! I should be so lucky. Bonus CD or not, some of us still have to wait even longer. No sniggering Baldassare!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:06 PM   #4
Lopadamus Flimbog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

damn it, and I pre-ordered there too
Lopadamus Flimbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 06:53 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I pre-ordered through Electronics Boutique, but heard that the Special Edition that comes with the Bonus CD would only be made available by Bioware and EB's online preorder. Why the hell is that? I pre-ordered, and that is just as good as an online pre-order...right?

So...if I do not get the bonus CD, will it be available for download at a later date?
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:00 PM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Who can honestly say Larry. Sage advice says go and check. I take it that the Bonus CD is part of the Collector's Edition or am I totally wrong?

Anyway, if your EB is the same as ours in old Blighty, then ask them (and cancel appropriately).

BTW how is everyone back at the "ranch"?
Old 08-29-2002, 10:11 PM   #7
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

I got the bonus CD by preordering at the electronics store. They gave it to me (while supplies last type deal) when I pre-ordered. But trust me there is nothing truly overwhelming about the bonus cd. Has some music from the game and a couple images, etc.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

Well, guys, actually there are two different versions of the Bonus CD. MOre confusing huh? Teh CE come with the 'full' Bonus CD, containing the soundtrack and 'extra gameplay material'. I don't know if this is a new dungeon, bonus merchants (like from BG2), or what. The regular version, if pre- ordered, comes with a 'limited' Bonus CD, containing selected MP3s from the soundtrack, and 'gameplay material'... I don't know if it is the same that is added in the CE. Rumor has it that the two CDs have entirely different gameplay additions. So who knows.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:22 AM   #9
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

On the Black Isle site, one of the designers stated that the gameplay material is the same with both CDs. However, you get the full soundtrack with the collector's edition. From what I've played so far, the music does sound really good. If it's $10 better than the regular "Adventure Pack" is the question.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:49 AM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

It sounds like someone was asleep at the wheel. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] I wonder what kind of "manufacturing problem" there could have been? Wrong label? Wrong information? Labels printed on the information side? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm surprised that the game is actually out before September. In all honesty, I had stopped looking forward to it so I wouldn't be disappointed if (when) another delay happened. *sigh*

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote