Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-02-2000, 12:58 AM   #1
mitres
Welcomed New User

The only option I have for gfx acceleration is software. Choice for Hardware is not there. I'm running a PIII with a Rage 128, one of the supported cards. Any ideas what's up?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2000, 09:41 AM   #2
Loremaster

No, but I'm using a Rage 128 and although I get the hardware option (you realise it doesn't actually say hardware, just go into settings in-game and choose graphics then D3D 640x480, sorry if that sounds patronising but sometimes I miss the obvious so I tend to judge others by my own pitiful standards), when I leave the village and look back at the wall/gate it has white line distortion, so there's something up with the ATI support. I'm using the latest drivers.

Good luck

Loremaster

Old 10-02-2000, 11:31 AM   #3
mitres
Welcomed New User

Yep. That's the problem... in the graphics box, there is only 'software' no other choice. I've changed screen resolutions, assured my system is set for full acceleration, tried different game render quality settings...

Dunno :/

I'm happy with the quality of the software mode, but I want to see what I'm missing.
Old 10-02-2000, 03:38 PM   #4
scourge

This is happening to me, and like in the thread above, my game crashes to windows when i leave town. I have a rage fury maxx. The activision guy said clear out inactive display and sounddrivers from windows when windows is in safe mode, let windows manage virtually memory, and defrag. yet after doing all this i still only get the software driver option, and i crash every time

help!!

Old 10-03-2000, 12:39 AM   #5
scourge

I just talked to customer support and they said not to use the most recent driver for my rage fury maxx, but the one before that. that is after they told me to update my driver. they also suggested taking the hardware acceration ans sound acceleration back a notch. Since my problem is causing the game to crash when i leave town, I really hope that works.

Old 10-03-2000, 03:12 AM   #6
jsmythe

I have a Rage 128 Pro chipset. When I first installed the game, I did not get an option for anything other than Software Rendering. So I downloaded the latest drivers for my card. Then I got an option for D3D drivers. I chose D3D 1024x768, then I could barely read any of the text. So I tried 800x600, same thing. I tried 640x480, and the text was readable. So I went out adventuring. When walking around you see a white line in the distance where I assume the horizon is. The other thing I noticed is that it is nearly impossible to select a creature to attack it using the mouse. I was extremely frustrated by now and was ready to take the game back to the store at this point due to the shoddy workmanship in this game. I can't stand AD&D games like BG2 so I tried playing in software rendering mode and I cannot detect any bugs so far while playing. The next patch from ATI needs to address some of these issues.

Old 10-03-2000, 08:39 PM   #7
mitres
Welcomed New User

Well... after much messing with driver software for my 128 Rage Pro, I did end up with a D3D option. Unfortunately, 1024x768 extends beyond the edges of my screen for some reason, and 800x600 gives me a 'signal out of range'message on my monitor. That's bad because you can't start the game to change it--uninstall time. Anyway, software mode seems to work OK.
Old 10-03-2000, 10:15 PM   #8
scourge

Hey Mitres

what did you do exactly with your drivers. Ill try anything with my ati rage fury maxx