Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-09-2002, 05:37 PM   #1
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

yeah i got the normal mace¨
The question is how do i get the ore for it
I got the quest yeah yeah i got to the ore merchant in promenade.
How to get the real ore and give the fake to the dude who needs it???
I tried just faking first time but he got pissed off and i had no chance. I think i read somewhere that u supposed to give the fake to him and now ive done it and my save game before that is 1 day back. So how do I get the ore???
BTW, is the mace any good?
Old 01-09-2002, 05:44 PM   #2
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

i´m afraid sir sarles will only work with the real one, but if he refuses the temple officials will say he was overrated anyway. if you plan to use the mace of disruption a lot, give him the alloy.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

I take it you need the real thing to upgrade the mace. I need to get the real thing to keep and give guy the fake one. So i need both then... how in the hell do i get both?
BTW i know what happens if i give him fake/real thing
Old 01-09-2002, 06:08 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom of might and magic:
So i need both then... how in the hell do i get both?

The ore merchant will charge you twice... once for the knowlege to obtain the true ore, once to make the alloy. Just keep talking to her.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:14 PM   #5
Dungeon Master

I took the fake right away
After dude figured out it was fake, got pissed blah blah blah i went back to ore merchant.
She just said: "Nice doing buisiness with you".
Thats all :-/
Hmmm i always thought that once i completed BG2 dozen times i will know a lot. Yet now i must ask for help...
Old 01-09-2002, 06:22 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

spoiler
You're supposed to choose the option of the real ore first. She tells you about a dwarf in the Copper Coronet. Then choose you don't deal with them, what about the fake ore. Then you have both contacts. Get directions from the dwarf and then buy the fake ore from the Ore Merchant.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:26 PM   #7
Dungeon Master

well damn
guess its the old save game for me