Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-20-2004, 02:06 AM   #21
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know if the film needed to be made or should have been made or whatever.I do think however it might have been better to have been left alone another 20 0r 30 years so as not to outrage some older folks that lived through it.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 09-20-2004, 05:42 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
from Dadams1

Evil does not exist
About 6 million dead Jews would strongly disagree with you here. [/QUOTE]so? [/QUOTE]What an enlightning question, are we stoned again ?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
quote:
The factories that were moved were well within Wehrmacht, let alone Luftwafe range, see Richard J. Overy's Why the Allies Won. The 'civilian resistance' that counted was in those factories.
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...apr/ratley.htm [/QUOTE]That citation is of no use whatsoever. The movement of the factories took place months after the onset of Barbarossa. I should not have said 'killing', as it is not wrong to kill in a righteous cause, how about "looting, murdering and raping?" That evil enough for you?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone that has taken an introductory level of Psychology will know how easy it is to manipulate somebody into believing as you do. I learned in mine that there have been tests done where a man thought he was actually shocking another man in the next room, and continued to do so until supposed death just because the lab technition goaded him on and told the subject that he (the lab tech) was taking full responsibility for the supposed death. It was all a setup, and no harm was done to the supposed victim, but the test proved that almost all of the men were able to be persuaded by the man in the white lab coat to nearly kill another man. Another test was done by a university on women nurses ten years later that resulted in similar responses.

Conclusion...Hitler was not necessarily a great leader, he just proved that he knew how to persuade people to believe in his ideals.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I think this thread has become a better topic for the CE forum instead of GenCon. I am sure most of you will agree.

You can find it still active over there.