Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

--

Last edited by Sigmar; 08-27-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I feel like that quite a bit, Sig...feels like every day at least five hours are spent in that mood...but events of the last couple of days have cheered me up in a way that I'm genuinely thankful for.

What's the source, here, man? Where is all of this coming from?

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep. Not quite down to this level, but there are definitely times when I question why... and where... and how.

BTW, the belief that they don't have a problem is not always true. Things like this are very personal, and many people do try to keep them hidden inside.

What I've found to help me deal with the frustration of things not going my way is to find something... anything... that I can start making go my way. Whether it's a simple art project, or helping someone out with something, or volunteering some time somewhere... or even playing music again, just to hear the chops come down right. Get something going in the right direction, and soon the rest of the stuff will follow.

Oh, things will still go badly from time to time, but you'll be more able to recognize them as abnormal occurrences. You won't consider them to be the norm for what should happen in your life.

And never underestimate the power of a good nap, either [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you want to talk to someone locally, you can talk to a priest or pastor (or whatever your religious preference dictates), or contact a school counselor (if that's an option).

And you might also talk to your parents. Just because they may not be feeling the same way doesn't mean they can't be supportive of you as you go through a hard time.

Speaking as a dad, I know that no matter what else, I love my kids, and I'm there for them. I may need to get whapped upside the head to just listen and be with them, and allow them to experience life, but I can be there... and I can be there (hopefully) without judgment.

And of course, you've always got friends here at IW to listen as well.

Peace.

*B*
Old 09-17-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

In a word: yes.
Most days now since I feel like everyone is on my case.
I know how you feel, I can't talk to anyone about it either. They'll either just laugh or tell me to brighten up.
I know someone else who was like this and almost did try to end it all, and I was thinking about it at on epoint.

But you've got to try to realise (I think) that there always IS someone you can talk to. And tehre is something worth living for: freinds or family.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 09-17-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I can understand, and relate, man. I was feeling that way for a very long time, myself. I think one thing that helped me, (Grrrr!!) was to exercise. truthfully, I think it really helps to just do a little exercise by yourself. I dont like working out with other people, for the most part, because I always feel like there's a competition, and the macho crap goes around. But, doing things like that by one's self does really make me feel like I am accomplishing something worthwhile. I don't know, it might not be for you, but I think it's definitely worth a try.

BTW, the "Grr" was there b/c I got a phone call for another credit card just then. I swear, do they think i'm in college b/c I cant use logic?? Sheesh!!

Good luck, Sig, I hope things turn around.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Thanks Dron_cah.

BTW Thanks Johnny ol' buddy, I can always count on you for good, sound advice!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:21 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Thanks Dron_cah.

BTW Thanks Johnny ol' buddy, I can always count on you for good, sound advice!
Thanks dude, but that wasn't an advice, it's just that i'm not familiar with that feeling. Whenever i feel a bit....empty or something, i get drunk, or stoned, or both, no more emptyness.

And that's not an advice either.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sure, I've felt like that before, mostly when I was a moody teen, but not for such an extended time. As if you're spinning your wheels and not enjoying anything? The world is full of hypocrisy and suffering, and there aren't many bright spots, and the few bright spots can't be appreciated because of the weight of all the bad things, yes?

It's a common affliction of sensitive and introspective people, who tend to feel it more harshly. Many great writers and artists have felt that way - two of the best examples I can think of are Vincent Van Gogh and Leo Tolstoy.

Bungleau and Dron_Cah have good advice. You're kind of in a rut right now. Try to expand your horizons and meet interesting people (the bar is not the best place to do this ). Get more sleep, more exercise, more sun, and make more little goals for yourself. Try out a sport, walk on the beach, take up yoga, volunteer, play an instrument, whatever. Try to live in the moment and not dwell on the negative things.

Almost everybody goes through these little bouts of dissatisfaction and depression at some point in their lives; your happy friends have too, or they will. They may even be going through it now, but cope by acting happy in public. Many people "cope" by getting drunk or high as often as possible.

I've gotten to the point where I recognize the onset of my occasional bleak moods, and I actively do things to snap out of it; upbeat music, exercise, positive thinking, amusing literature, etc. One of the worst things you can do is wallow in the feeling, because it's a downward spiral. Good luck, Sigmar.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oooooh, good one, Aerich! especially the yoga! definitely take a class! Very cool! I love the martial arts, and yoga can work well with them. Also, the classes are often almost completely women! Don't know if anyone could give better advice! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]