Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 06:06 PM   #1
AMERTARASU

Hey there, here is an example of my problem:
my fighter has the LEVEL UP icon, so i save the game and make it.
I get 1 HP and 1 Skill Point.
Shit.
Load Game, try it again.
I get 1 HP and 1 Skill Point.
This goes on for about 30 Minutes or so and then it comes:
1 HP and 3 SP

Is this a bug or whats wrong with the program...
By the way, the fighter has 16 Fortitude and trys to go to level 6

Please answer me...;(

AMERTARASU

Old 11-30-2000, 08:10 PM   #2
Jungwirsch

I've had that many times. So far I've just lived with it, with the consequence that my characters are now level 8 or 9 and have e.g 39 hit points (rat thief). It might make things difficult in the future, but hey, what's a game without challenge.

Old 11-30-2000, 08:35 PM   #3
AMERTARASU

thanx for the prompt answer, so i suppose its a BUG!!! (hello you patch guys, do something)

AMERTARASU

Old 12-01-2000, 01:03 AM   #4
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's not a bug. Somebody in here explained the method used this way: Each time you roll, you roll for your TOTAL hit points. There is a range for each type of character, race, level, attributes etc. If you roll and get less than you already have, you get one. Most people that like to reroll soon get to the top of the range and thereafter seldom get more than one. I suppose the same sort of thing works for attributes. IMHO it doesn't matter, though I do reroll for extra attribute points. Hit points don't really matter too much in this game.