Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #61
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Time for something new on the arcade... (New Game Added!!!)

Ok found it, when you're putting in your highscores at the end of a session it's at the bottom of the page, click the "rate it" link.

For some reason it's not there if aren't entering a score in the rankings, probably so people who've never touched it can't mess with the ranking.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #62
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
On a little bit of a different topic: I'll be going after that centipede highscore of yours over the weekend, Sever. Can't let you have it for too long, can we?
Mine Kingdom doth crumble!

Oh yeah, after the last attempt, i'm still waiting for pie!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Last edited by Sever; 09-05-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #63
Sever

Is anyone else having trouble with the browser refreshing (and consequently wiping all progress) whilst playing asteroids? Is there any way to stop this from happening?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #64
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Yeti:

Instead of aiming for first, take your time and take all the jumps you can
Old 09-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #65
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

By the way ZFR, there's no time limit on "Simon". I actually got a 15 minute phone call almost immediately after I started, and was surprised the game still hadn't timed out after that. Still the Lamest. Game. Ever. though.
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #66
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Schlumpf View Post
By the way ZFR, there's no time limit on "Simon". I actually got a 15 minute phone call almost immediately after I started, and was surprised the game still hadn't timed out after that. Still the Lamest. Game. Ever. though.
My my, what great memory you then have. You actually started the game, got interuppted in the middle, went away for 15 minutes for a phone call, came back and still remembered the sequence up till now... okay, if you say so.... you didn't actually have to explain yourself, yet you did...

And you must have went with blazing speed if you finished a score of 49 in 17 minutes (15 were for the phone call).

you know, the funtion of score vs time:

score = 1, time = x
score = 2, time = x + (x + x) = 3x = ((22 + 2)/2)x
score = 3, time = x + (x + x) + (x + x + x) = ((32 + 3)/2)x
score = n, time = ((n2 + n)/2)x

Assuming Lord's (placed second) speed to be average, we see that he scored 34in 12:44 minutes = 764 seconds

therefore:
764 = ((342 + 34)/2)x

=> x = 1.28

So had Lord continued at that speed, he would've scored 49 in ((492 + 34)/2)*1.28 = 1568 seconds, which is around 27 minutes.

So you see, your score of 32 minutes could be quite legitimate!!! You just took 5 more minutes than Lord at that speed, yet you went to explain yourself after I made my remark. And made a phony excuse of a 15 minute phone call. Meaning you must have really blazed through it if you finished in 17 minutes what would take a normal person 27.

All I have to say is: lol, if it means that much to you to win, then suit yourself....

Last edited by ZFR; 09-09-2007 at 06:59 PM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #67
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

Upset Re: Time for something new on the arcade... (New Game Added!!!)

Erm... Maybe you spend too much time on the Arcade, ZFR. Seriously. I didn't even tell you that as an excuse for anything, just gave you an answer because you asked. 15 minutes was a guess on my part, not an absolute indication of how long it was. It's been a few weeks since I set the score, so it could have easily been 5 or 20; I didn't go through the trouble of doing the same math as you did, just made the guess based on the other times in the Arcade. I also indicated that I got a call right after I started, not halfway - but I suppose you missed that part while you were picking apart the rest of my post.

But if you're really taking something like the Arcade that seriously by taking a passive-aggressive stance on a score that you don't trust - go outside, go and get some sunlight. It's a game, not the end of the world. And if it really means all that much to you to get the high score in every single game possible, I'll just ask Ziroc to remove mine. I'll live.

Last edited by Papa Schlumpf; 09-09-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #68
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Your score is your own business. I'm not taking a passive agressive stance or any stance. I only found the timings odd, and it reminded me of that trivia business back when it started.

I actually did the calculations just now. I got curious myself how much time really it would take and I realized I really had no idea if 32 minutes was a normal time or not.

So, in order to satisfy my curiosity, would you consider giving it another go and see how much time it'd take you to score that much?

Last edited by ZFR; 09-09-2007 at 07:01 PM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #69
Sever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
Yeti:

Instead of aiming for first, take your time and take all the jumps you can
Argh! You cheeky little.. I was hoping to hold on to that crown for a bit longer than that!

Anyways, i think i tried that approach you mention earlier on and it didn't really work out. I still haven't got my landings perfect yet though so maybe it's worth giving it another shot.

I'm over Yeti for the moment however. I've got my sights set on pipping that Asteroids score which i can't really accomplish if the page keeps resetting itself, apparently at random.

Any ideas?..
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #70
Sever

Olorin - 6 digits in Donkey Kong? This means War, man!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo