Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-06-2001, 01:04 PM   #1
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Good time was had by all, (me and Tara, 13 year old black lab)campground was full of middle aged hippies in their $30,000 SVU's or on their &20,000 Harley's. They had good music though!!!
Other campers brought their fire wood from home, used lighter fluid to start camp fires. Tara and I drove into the woods and picked up all the wood we needed in about 10 min. gathered leaves and sticks to start fire. Started fire with 1 match,You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.
Tara fell into lust with a young Buck, a husky, she spent sat. night trying to get his attn. I think she had a summer of '42 thing going on in her mind. This morning after unsuccesful at attracking huskies attn. Tara barked and growled at him. A woman scourned Fed Tara Denty-moore stew, camp burgers (burgers cooked over camp fire not "Flame Kissed" but "Flame Violated"), and peanutbutter cookies. Tara was a happy camper.
I got up to go fishing this morning a liitle late 5:30 A.M. sun comes up at 5:30 by the time I got everything ready (Breakfast scrambeled eggs and fried spam) it was about 6:45-7:00.Sorry Cloudy, but I discovered that Tara is the real SPAM queen, she loves it fried, straight out of the can, or dropped in the dirt Tara would wine and beg for spam.
Took Tara to the water with me, had to chain her up, US Forest Service rules She winned and barked. Scared all the fish, caught my limit of "lily pads", I had to throw most of them back they were too small. I saw one fish break the water, so I readied myself for the cast. The plan was to cast about 25ft past him and reel the lure across his path. That was the plan, what I failed to notice was that my line had gotten tangled around the end of the pole. I rare back for the great cast and it goes about 3 ft and slams into the water like a brick. The fish leaves and I'm standing there cursing the fishing gods.
All in all it was nice to get out in the woods.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 05-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old 05-06-2001, 01:12 PM   #2
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Sounds like you had a great time. Good to commune with nature, isn't it? Doesn't food just taste better over a campfire? It's been several years since I've been camping, but you brought back some memories of peaceful serenity.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-06-2001, 01:17 PM   #3
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
Sounds like you had a great time. Good to commune with nature, isn't it? Doesn't food just taste better over a campfire? It's been several years since I've been camping, but you brought back some memories of peaceful serenity.

Only thign better would have been if mt wife could have gone. But, someone had to stay home with the teenage daughters.

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 01:19 PM   #4
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Johnny D!!!

Sounds like you had a great time !!!

Your Mexican Redneck Buddy --->

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-06-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Where did you go exactly, John D?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
GMDLM

Old 05-06-2001, 01:54 PM   #6
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Where did you go exactly, John D?

Taladega National Forest south of Tuscaloosa, usaly(sp? I had a brian cramp)we go to Lake Lurleen.

Old 05-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #7
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Johnny D!!!

Sounds like you had a great time !!!

Your Mexican Redneck Buddy --->

Yeh, it was a blast

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Talledega National Forest is really pretty. I don't know where Lake Lurleen is south of you? What's it near?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
GMDLM

Old 05-06-2001, 04:27 PM   #9
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:

Only thign better would have been if mt wife could have gone. But, someone had to stay home with the teenage daughters.

John D, long time no speak...ehr...type, how's it going? So your daughters don't go for "communing" with nature? So I guess you don't have a motor home, huh?

What's wrong with lghter Fluid BTW?!?!? LOL

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 05-06-2001, 04:32 PM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

Do you guys have big carp over there...yeah sure you do. Just wondered if you ever fished for them. Used to be a real big passion of mine before the madness took me. Why not share some shots of your hunting/fishing trips with us on Stealthy's site?

------------------
One love, peace.