Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 03:40 PM   #1
Silk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How is the best way 2 kill a vampire?
I stuck @ fikrags so any help is welcomed!!
Old 11-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #2
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

There is a cleric spell that will negate the level drain for a bit (Negative Energy Immunity or something similar). Cast them on your best fighters and go in guns blazing. That is there only real advantage, but it is a major one. Once you remove that they are nothing special.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!
(Phew, this is my 4th welcome this day)

It is very easy to kill a vampire once you are immune to level drain. So I would have used Shadowkeeper to equip everybody in my party with the Amulet of Power. But if you dont want to cheat, just send your highest level NPC's to kick butt!

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Old 11-08-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you have completed the Slaver quest in the Copper Coronet, you can buy Aduzedge from Bernard. Vampires die very easily to it.

Cast Chaotic Command on the fighter holding Adzuedge, then for extra fun, cast Greater Malison on the Vampires as your fighter engages them from range with the axe.

If you have Keldorn, let him wear the Amulet of Power and go crazy with Aduzedge.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 11-08-2001, 03:55 PM   #5
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Two best ways?? Hmm there are several actually that works quite well. The 2 BEST WAYS would be using a high power cleric or paliden (2 or 3 if you are really low level) and the mace of disruption. Other ways would be have alot of restoration scrolls

OmegaKiller

*I am the final death

**The Destroyer of the Keldorn Order

Still got a couple slots open for my crusade against these

:/knight/:

btw has anyone heard of Shattered galaxy?
Old 11-08-2001, 04:03 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Omegakiller:

Two best ways?? Hmm there are several actually that works quite well. The 2 BEST WAYS would be using a high power cleric or paliden (2 or 3 if you are really low level) and the mace of distruption. Other ways would be have alot of restoration scrolls

Oh my god, Omegakiller! I cant believe that you are actually helping somebody to kill an undead!

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Old 11-08-2001, 04:19 PM   #7
Silk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Would you say that you should be of a fairly high level to go after firkrag? and what if u aint got any of the afore mentioned spells and tit bits.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:22 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

"Would you say that you should be of a fairly high level to go after firkrag? and what if u aint got any of the afore mentioned spells and tit bits."
I killed him around lvl 10-11 w/o cheesing

and if you have Daystar Vamps fall like wheat to the scythe to it's sunray ability
Old 11-08-2001, 05:34 PM   #9
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

You don't HAVE to be a high level to fight firkrag, but it helps. For him all you really need are healing potions, haste spells and good weapons like liacor, the dragon slaying equipment helps btw.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:39 PM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

LOTS of healing potions, a cavalier, minsc and Keldorn helps too