Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:24 AM   #1
Jan

Spoiler!!

Can't remember the place but I met a group of gravediggers. Made a deal [img]graemlins/deal.gif[/img] with some guy. Something about entering a tomb and killing another guy and the gravediggers. We went in and I killed the gravediggers took the artifact and left the leader of the group behind. As I came out of the tomb this ghost "Doomsxxx" showed up and made yesterdays news of the entire group.

Need a little help here. Thanks [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] !!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:56 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try entangle just after you exit the cave. You should know his position by now. After that move in and cast every offensive spell you have and let the others use ranged weapons. Remember to refresh the entangle spell. If you don't have entangle maybe other similar spells, like web, might work also.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:02 AM   #3
Bastet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you have to leave the artifact where it is because it´s cursed. Otherwise this ghost always will come along.
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:05 AM   #4
Jan

Thanks for the information.

Should I also kill the guy in the tomb?
Old 10-10-2002, 06:02 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

The Doomsayer is only interested in the idol, not you - or anyone else for that matter. If you don't have it then it'll go into the tomb and find it. If you want to engage the Doomsayer for the XP (and nothing else I'm afraid) then you must carry the idol somewhere about your person. The ghost will not target that character to the exclusion of all others, so you can "tag-team" it. I've killed the thing with only three characters, but it was tough. It was potions of speed, potions of healing and multiple magic missiles for me, but there are a variety of methods.

As for killing the archaeologist, it depends if you're a bad guy or not. If you accept the task from the guy outside, whose name escapes me, then the only additional person you'll have to kill is the archaeologist for which you'll lose 5 Rep. Points. Go outside and talk to the NPC again. As soon as he's finished talking, kill him. This is important for two reasons. Firstly, if you want the idol you'll have to take it off of him (you have to make a conscious decision to carry it). Secondly, if you kill him before talking, you won't get your 900 gold (which should be more than sufficient to replace the 5 Rep. you lose and still have money over); the money isn't on his corpse if you kill him - only something like 48gp or thereabouts.

You'll need the idol either way if you want to fight the Doomsayer, otherwise it'll disappear into the tomb and you won't be able to destroy it.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:22 AM   #6
Jan

Thanks Lord Brass [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

I knew that there was something fishy about that deal [img]graemlins/deal.gif[/img] .
Old 10-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #7
Billy Yank
The Magister

Doomslayer is a piece of cake. Cast Dispel Magic on him and his flaming sword disappears, then he only deals subdual damage. Cast Animate Dead or Summon Monster to give him extra targets and remember that missile weapons don't harm him (but Magic Missile does).
Old 10-16-2002, 12:43 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Yank:
Doomslayer is a piece of cake. Cast Dispel Magic on him and his flaming sword disappears, then he only deals subdual damage. Cast Animate Dead or Summon Monster to give him extra targets and remember that missile weapons don't harm him (but Magic Missile does).
Yep. As far as I know, the only things that'll damage him are enchanted melee weapons (and who the heck wants to be within melee range?) and magic damage. Elemental damage might work too, but I seem to recall that electric damage actually heals him.