Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-26-2002, 08:14 PM   #1
fustiar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well. I was an avid collector of magic items and it seemed the person who offered the most money for anything was the merchant in the Severed Hand, level 4.

I sold almost everything I did not use or have a use for [including the kick-ass uber items I wasn't proficient in] and at the end of the game, I had roughly 450,000 gold.

Then I found out that when you beat Icewind Dale and start HOW, you only start with 16,000 gold!

So when you get to the end, before you face off against Poquelin, buy everything you need to take with you to HOW!

I made the mistake of not buying all the spells. Now i'm going to go back to IWD and buy them, then goto HOW.

BUY ALL THE SPELLS!
fustiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:38 PM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

or, just do HOW before you finish IWD
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 01:15 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Never forget that this is a game--money does grow on trees here! Spend, spend, spend! Buy everything you can carry whenever you can, because you'll soon be finding more money.

Long live the ruinous spendthrifts of the wintry north!

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 04:26 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Once HOW was installed, I've always started HOW before finishing IWD - makes the game flow better. In that case, your money is carried forward.

But Azred is right. Money and magic appears in great profusion in this game. If you are missing spells, BUY THEM. IF you see a special magic item that appeals to you, BUY IT. Not sure if 80 arrows of fire are enough, heck buy 160! Cash is the LEAST of your worries in the IWD series - at least after a while. It IS a bit scarce up front.

[ 04-27-2002, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote