Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Help with Haks and the Erf folder?

So I decided to install NWN: Diamond once again, and have a full crack at the campaigns, and to do as much as I could/chapter.

Started a Rogue/Ranger in the vanilla campaign, which is great. Linu makes a very useful companion. The problem lies, however, in Shadows of Undrentide. I had planned to play a Sorcerer, and tried downloading this Mischa mod , allowing me to have a proper warrior henchman at my side.

PRoblem is, when I go into my NWN folder, there's no "Erf" file, and I can't follow the instructions in the link/readme. I tried creating an erf folder, and copy pasting the file, but to no avail. She still won't come along.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: Help with Haks and the Erf folder?

I've not tried the mod myself but it doesn't look too complicated - which is not to say you missed anything obvious.

Step 1: unzip MischaFinal060706.zip to wherever you like, though making a NeverwinterNights/NWN/erf folder for it is recommended to keep track of it and all your future .erf files.
Step 2: Fire up the toolset
Step 3a: Open up the first of the SoU campaigns by going to File->Open->Campaign Modules and selecting the appropriate one. If you haven't played through the campaign yet it's not unlocked for use in the toolset so go to step 3b.
Step 3b: Close the toolset. Go to your NeverwinterNights/NWN/nwm folder and copy the three XP1-files to your NeverwinterNights/NWN/modules folder (make one if you haven't got it). Rename the file extensions to .mod rather than .nwm. Restart your toolset and open the first file.
Step 4: Go to File->Import and search for the erf you extracted under step 1. Open that and overwrite everything.
Step 5: Save your module under a different name, namely "SoU-Chapter 1".
Step 6: Repeat the process for the other two files, saving them under "SoU-Interlude" and "SoU-Chapter 2".
Step 7: Close the toolset and run NWN.
Step 8: Start a new game, but instead of choosing the official SoU one look under Other Modules and pick SoU-Chapter 1. Now you should be good to go.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote