Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #61
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: WOW - Who's be You's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee Slaytern View Post
Well... after some consideration, I decided to try out the 14-day trial. Have created a Tauren on Lightninghoof, a RP-PVP realm.

This is going to sound absurd, but I am planning to make him a "peace-loving" Shaman, with professions in Herbalism and Alchemy.

I just like the idea of a hulking Tauren being a weed-puffing hippy. Plucking flowers and making potions for the Horde to imbibe on.

So far so good. Just wondering when I will first get slaughtered, since I have proverbially thrown myself into the Lion's Den by not choosing a Normal Realm.

Cheers.
Nice! I assume you will go Restoration when time comes to choose a spec? That would fit in with your theme.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #62
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: WOW - Who's be You's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Nice! I assume you will go Restoration when time comes to choose a spec? That would fit in with your theme.
/me looks at Talent print-out.

Actually, after some reading up, I twinkled around with the Talent Calculator and came up with a build that has 50 points in Enhancement, and 11 points in Restoration.

I figured that since I got Healing and Defence down with me potions, I need some punch to round out my character. I'm being peace-loving here, not a pacifist. Big difference.

Or to put it another way, don't bug me when I'm harvesting.

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #63
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
/me looks at Talent print-out.

Actually, after some reading up, I twinkled around with the Talent Calculator and came up with a build that has 50 points in Enhancement, and 11 points in Restoration.

I figured that since I got Healing and Defence down with me potions, I need some punch to round out my character. I'm being peace-loving here, not a pacifist. Big difference.

Or to put it another way, don't bug me when I'm harvesting.

Cheers.
One of my shammy alts is enhancement - good choice.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #64
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Crazy Re: WOW - Who's be You's?

I play Ratmorgue 50 undead 'lock on Spirestone, feel free to look me up.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #65
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Well... after some consideration, I decided to try out the 14-day trial. Have created a Tauren on Lightninghoof, a RP-PVP realm.

This is going to sound absurd, but I am planning to make him a "peace-loving" Shaman, with professions in Herbalism and Alchemy.

I just like the idea of a hulking Tauren being a weed-puffing hippy. Plucking flowers and making potions for the Horde to imbibe on.

So far so good. Just wondering when I will first get slaughtered, since I have proverbially thrown myself into the Lion's Den by not choosing a Normal Realm.

Cheers.
Yay! Dundee's finally got WoW I think you'll love it. I've been waiting for you to pick it up so we can start number crunching again. There is a whole World of Theorycraft out there afterall .

Tauren are a good choice - I have a 70 Tauren Druid on Xavius (EU realm):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&n=Bantumgraw

Unfortunately I went to the "dark" side and changed to Restoration, mostly because Feral Combat just couldn't cut it in arena. I think the highest we ever managed in our 2v2 bracket was 1805 in season 3. Now in S4 we've only played 3 weeks worth of 10 games and we're up to 1660 rating already - shame this spec is no fun

My Rogue is coming along quite nicely too, although we did just get that annoying Cheat Death nerf last patch (and a sneaky one to Hemo too ffs!).

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...avius&n=Kalesh

His gear still needs some work though!

Mem how's your rogue doing? Have you decided to stay at 69?

Jim
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #66
Lavindathar
Harper

Nothing wrong with Herb/Alch shamans...

Thats what mine is, although he will be Resto. Levelling to 70 as Enhance though ofc

I have one character of every class now as well, even one dedicated to Mr timber.

My Rogue is called Ingafel
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #67
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post

Mem how's your rogue doing? Have you decided to stay at 69?

Jim
LOL no I'm planning to ding soon. I would have dinged a month ago but my folks visited me here in Boston so I haven't been logged on much (plus I got myself a PS3 and have been busy with GTA4). What's annoying is that I spent about a month grinding the S1 welfare epics that you can buy with honor so that I wouldn't be a noob in greens and blues when I started with arena and BGs at 70, then when I finally got my set (armour, weps, rings etc) they decide to make S2 available for honor!!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #68
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Is this the right thread?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #69
Lavindathar
Harper

Yes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #70
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Trick or Treat Re: WOW - Who's be You's?

This is just one of my newer Alts, but I am having a lot of fun playing with him. Speaking in 3rd-person, making corny lines, etc... His very name was born from a terrible pun, and a play of words on what Warriors depend on heavily in order to be victorious. It also helps that the drink contains plenty of Taurine... hence its name in the first place.

"Ragebull gives you wins!"

Heh.

Last edited by Dundee Slaytern; 09-12-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote