Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #41
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Re: WOW - Who's be You's?

Lol I just got the blue dagger for my rogue from AV. All that effortless work... gone to waste!

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post
Haha I remember when that happened to me earlier in the year. I had previously spent weeks running AV to get my Lobotimizer, then I got into Outland and got a superior dagger from a quest which took 5 minutes to complete and didn't involve killing anything!

Well, I'm now at 59 and have replaced most of my armour blues with greens. I'm still wielding the same weapons though because I already had a comparable weapon at 51 which I had mongoose applied to. Here's what I did:

Helm: Helm of Fire (blue) --> Veteran's Skullcap (green)
Neck: Sentinel's Medallion (blue, 48) --> Imbued Chain (green)
Shoulders: Spaulders of the Unseen (blue) --> Miner's Brace (green)
Chest: Blazewind Breastplate (green) --> Jerkin of the Untamed Spirit (blue) --> Vengeance Chestpiece of the Bandit (green) [I replaced twice]
Wrists: Forest Stalker Bracers (purple) [Not replaced yet]
Gloves: Gloves of Holy Might (purple) --> Thick Draenic Gloves (green)
Waist: Highlander's Leather Girdle (blue, 58) [Not replaced yet]
Legs: Blackstorm Leggings (blue, I crafted myself via Elemental LW) --> Flayer Hide Leggings (green) --> Vengeance Legpiece of the Bandit (green) [I replaced twice]
Feet: Highlander's Leather Boots (blue, 58) [Not replaced yet]

I thought of swapping out my Krol Blade for the Foe Reaver you get on that first Outland quest to kill the demons (it had slightly higher base dmg at 151 vs 149 though it was 2.6 instead of 2.8) but I already had Mongoose on the Krol Blade so I decided to hang on to it till I get to 60 and get get one of the pvp rewards.

Also, I got an insane chest item as a reward for blowing up some buildings (easiest quest if you are a rogue) - Jerkin of the Untamed Spirit but then I replaced it an hour later when I got a green Bandit drop (I prefer the Bandit one for pvp).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #43
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Well, I'm now at 59 and have replaced most of my armour blues with greens. I'm still wielding the same weapons though because I already had a comparable weapon at 51 which I had mongoose applied to. Here's what I did:

Helm: Helm of Fire (blue) --> Veteran's Skullcap (green)
Neck: Sentinel's Medallion (blue, 48) --> Imbued Chain (green)
Shoulders: Spaulders of the Unseen (blue) --> Miner's Brace (green)
Chest: Blazewind Breastplate (green) --> Jerkin of the Untamed Spirit (blue) --> Vengeance Chestpiece of the Bandit (green) [I replaced twice]
Wrists: Forest Stalker Bracers (purple) [Not replaced yet]
Gloves: Gloves of Holy Might (purple) --> Thick Draenic Gloves (green)
Waist: Highlander's Leather Girdle (blue, 58) [Not replaced yet]
Legs: Blackstorm Leggings (blue, I crafted myself via Elemental LW) --> Flayer Hide Leggings (green) --> Vengeance Legpiece of the Bandit (green) [I replaced twice]
Feet: Highlander's Leather Boots (blue, 58) [Not replaced yet]

I thought of swapping out my Krol Blade for the Foe Reaver you get on that first Outland quest to kill the demons (it had slightly higher base dmg at 151 vs 149 though it was 2.6 instead of 2.8) but I already had Mongoose on the Krol Blade so I decided to hang on to it till I get to 60 and get get one of the pvp rewards.

Also, I got an insane chest item as a reward for blowing up some buildings (easiest quest if you are a rogue) - Jerkin of the Untamed Spirit but then I replaced it an hour later when I got a green Bandit drop (I prefer the Bandit one for pvp).
Looking good.

Agreed - it's worth hanging onto Kroll for a while yet, especially with Mongoose on it - 120 agi at your sort of level will give you insane amounts of crit and dodge.

I had the Jerkin of Untamed spirit for a while on both my chars - better yet for my Feral Druid as the "higher than norm" armor was great for tanking. You'll find a better rogue item though soon enough towards the end of HFP - Darkstorm Tunic. I had that right up until 69 when I got my Chestguard of the Dark Stalker.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Looking good.

Agreed - it's worth hanging onto Kroll for a while yet, especially with Mongoose on it - 120 agi at your sort of level will give you insane amounts of crit and dodge.

I had the Jerkin of Untamed spirit for a while on both my chars - better yet for my Feral Druid as the "higher than norm" armor was great for tanking. You'll find a better rogue item though soon enough towards the end of HFP - Darkstorm Tunic. I had that right up until 69 when I got my Chestguard of the Dark Stalker.
What do you think of my spec? What do you think I need to replace? I'm going to play pvp at 59 for a while. I know I need a new cloak - I'm hoping to get the one from the HC quest. And I went to get a new Protectors Band (58) last night but when I arrived at the Silverywing lodge I realised I'd forgotten to bring my WSG marks!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sen'jin&n=Scabandari

Last edited by Memnoch; 11-29-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #45
Zink Whistlefly

Your spec looks to be a good compromise between a levelling and a PvP spec (I was the same, as it sounds like you enjoy to do a little of both PvE and PvP). Combat is generally the way to go for levelling. Subtlety offers several handy tricks and there are several key PvP talents in there. Assassination offers great burst DPS potential - burst DPS is pretty devastating (for example, quickly earning 5 combo points through Seal Fate, then activating Cold Blood and landing a 5 point critical Eviscerate which will tear through all but the toughest plate).

I played with a twist on the original Cookie Cutter build when I was 60, which was amazing for Stunlocking but it just doesn't hit hard enough (great for annoying people though!). I then respecced to Mutilate/Combat which was great fun, did amazing damage and was good for PvE but was tricky to pull off in PvP, mainly because of the need to constantly position yourself behind the enemy which can be hard against classes that can kite you and is especially problematic when dealing with lag! It was however very satisfying pinning an enemy with an Improved Kidney Shot (and therefore having Expose Weakness up) and then performing a Cold Blood Mutilate against a poisoned enemy - supreme damage! Now I've respecced to a hybrid build of all 3 trees now that I have my Gladiator's Slicer/Gladiator's Quickblade which is my PvE Grinding and PvP Battleground spec until I get all my gear up to scratch.

When I have enough resilience I will start running arena and respec to the sickening AR/Hemo build (which every level 70 rogue and his mother is currently using, and for GOOD reason). This build is almost too good in arena but fairly useless for anything else and VERY cooldown dependent which means you can kick butt once every 10 minutes...

As for your equipment - you have some great items for your level. As a general rule, try to aquire items that have raw attack power/hit rating/crit rating on them, as these are generally more beneficial for rogues than pure stats. Also, don't worry about items with str on them - str offers nothing that agility doesn't, and agility provides additional offensive and defensive bonuses. In an ideal world, your items with have agi/sta/AP/HR and CR so there are still a broad range of things to look out for. So really, a new necklace might be your order of the day.

Last edited by Zink Whistlefly; 11-29-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks mate - I originally had no points in the Sub tree - those 10 were in Combat as I had 5/5 Combat Potency and 1/1 Surprise Attack among others. But my playing style in BGs is to stealth and gank/cap so I wanted the 5/5 Camouflage for PvP. When I start to level again I will get CP back.

BTW, what's more important of these three?

AP
HR
CR

If I had to choose between them? Eg is +10 HR better than +10 AP?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #47
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Thanks mate - I originally had no points in the Sub tree - those 10 were in Combat as I had 5/5 Combat Potency and 1/1 Surprise Attack among others. But my playing style in BGs is to stealth and gank/cap so I wanted the 5/5 Camouflage for PvP. When I start to level again I will get CP back.

BTW, what's more important of these three?

AP
HR
CR

If I had to choose between them? Eg is +10 HR better than +10 AP?
PVE = HR>AP>CR
PVP = CR>AR>HR

Just keep a seperate pve items and pvp items.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #48
Zink Whistlefly

Yep that's pretty much what I'd shoot for too. If you have 5/5 in Precision then all your yellow attacks will not miss against a PvP target (they can still be dodged, parried etc) so HR is less significant then. Otherwise, I'd gather together sufficient HR to overcome the -5% miss chance, as there's nothing more annoying than that opener missing! Even with precision your white attacks are still responsible for most of the total damage, and they will suffer something like -19% miss rate, so HR is still beneficial to your overall damage, PvE or PvP.

CR is good for burst damage, and burst damage is good for PvP, just keep in mind that at 70 crit chance and crit damage become diminished due to resilience. At 70 I'd rather stack right up on AP, as that gives you reliable, sustainable damage.

Last edited by Zink Whistlefly; 11-30-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Yep that's pretty much what I'd shoot for too. If you have 5/5 in Precision then all your yellow attacks will not miss against a PvP target (they can still be dodged, parried etc) so HR is less significant then. Otherwise, I'd gather together sufficient HR to overcome the -5% miss chance, as there's nothing more annoying than that opener missing! Even with precision your white attacks are still responsible for most of the total damage, and they will suffer something like -19% miss rate, so HR is still beneficial to your overall damage, PvE or PvP.

CR is good for burst damage, and burst damage is good for PvP, just keep in mind that at 70 crit chance and crit damage become diminished due to resilience. At 70 I'd rather stack right up on AP, as that gives you reliable, sustainable damage.
As I have 5/5 in Precision I should focus on getting my AP up then for PVP? My numbers are:

AP 810 approx.
HR 16 (I can increase this to 26 at the cost of 30AP)
Crit Chance (18.5%) (I can increase this to just under 21 at the cost of heaps of AP and dropping my HR down to 0)

As a reminder I am level 59 and am combat sword spec (as you know).

Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #50
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ok, my armory seems ok now. It was in error for some time. This is me.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Remar&n=Kapuka

Just take a look at my AP and HR. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, the picture on the earlier post as a joke. I just use it to marvel at myself dual wielding the warglaive.

Just need a few more upgrades and I'll be fully epic. I'll be respecting back to my favourite 19/42 combat sword once I had my epic mount.

Oh, in case some of you wondering why I'm back in the game. Let this be a lesson, if someone said do not talk anything about wow and the drama in the guild in his email. Respect his view please. Or else he's gonna reload and reinstall the game and then quit the guild and join another.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote