Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Would anyone on GD be interested in helping to start an RP bar? Not a chit chat bar, but one where we actually go on quests. The only one I could find has now turned into something different.

I'm new at this so I would need some help, but I welcome everyone to come forward with their ideas.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-24-2001, 04:39 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Would anyone on GD be interested in helping to start an RP bar? Not a chit chat bar, but one where we actually go on quests. The only one I could find has now turned into something different.

I'm new at this so I would need some help, but I welcome everyone to come forward with their ideas.

just started one: check out the post
Openning
Old 10-24-2001, 04:42 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Liliara - actually Lord Shields bar USED to be like it is now - it slowly evolved and started to center more and more on the roleplaying but LS and I both got a bit bored by it. So don't say it has changed, in fact I'm happpy to have it back a bit like it used to be. I do believe the different clans are roleplaying in their threads all the time, so why don't you join one of them?
I'm not sure if you would lke this, but since you joined this forum only recently and fit in quickly, you may not mind to go to another forum to roleplay. If that is the case, you should really try the Elysium (sorry - don't have link at the mo - try a Google search or check Grojlach's signature) where they have numerous great roleplaying games going on (and you can still join, I believe). Another forum is the Abyss, which is almost entirely centered around Rping. The address is in Kiwidoc's signature I believe, if not (sorry, I lost most of my bookmarks in a PC crash) try either searching on Google or emailing Kiwi. I think you may be best helped by this, as you dwon't have to go through the trouble of starting up a new place, plus at those forums there are countless experienced people who can help you. I'm not saying, BTW, that the BG2 Bar won't have roleplaying of any kind, but probably not the questing and reading through pages of people's RP-posts...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Liliara - actually Lord Shields bar USED to be like it is now - it slowly evolved and started to center more and more on the roleplaying but LS and I both got a bit bored by it. So don't say it has changed, in fact I'm happpy to have it back a bit like it used to be. I do believe the different clans are roleplaying in their threads all the time, so why don't you join one of them?
I'm not sure if you would lke this, but since you joined this forum only recently and fit in quickly, you may not mind to go to another forum to roleplay. If that is the case, you should really try the Elysium (sorry - don't have link at the mo - try a Google search or check Grojlach's signature) where they have numerous great roleplaying games going on (and you can still join, I believe). Another forum is the Abyss, which is almost entirely centered around Rping. The address is in Kiwidoc's signature I believe, if not (sorry, I lost most of my bookmarks in a PC crash) try either searching on Google or emailing Kiwi. I think you may be best helped by this, as you dwon't have to go through the trouble of starting up a new place, plus at those forums there are countless experienced people who can help you. I'm not saying, BTW, that the BG2 Bar won't have roleplaying of any kind, but probably not the questing and reading through pages of people's RP-posts...

I haven't been here as long as some, so it HAS changed from when I first visited it. Anyways, I meant no harm by my post, so don't take it to heart. I was just enjoying the atmosphere and I know that some of the other bars in here don't allow role play. As for leaving for another forum, no thanks. I am quite happy here at IW. It has become my second home. Thank you for your advice, though.

Hey 250!! Can't wait to check out your thread!

------------------

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-25-2001, 12:10 AM   #5
BladeMaster

Lilara if you still want the link to the Elysium Gaming Project here it is.
http://www.the-elysium.co.uk/cgi-bin.../ikonboard.cgi

As for the Abyss it is dieing right now because half the people are having access problems right now. But the link is. http://pub76.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673

------------------

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 10-25-2001).]

Old 10-25-2001, 12:26 AM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Lilara if you still want the link to the Elysium Gaming Project here it is.
http://www.the-elysium.co.uk/cgi-bin.../ikonboard.cgi

As for the Abyss it is dieing right now because half the people are having access problems right now. But the link is. http://pub76.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673

Thank you for taking the time out to post these links Blade. I think I will hang out and see what RP is available here first. I'm a 'one stop' kind of gal! LOL!

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-25-2001, 12:29 AM   #7
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

I'll play liliara, although I don't really know the rules either *shrugs*
Sounds like fun!

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-25-2001, 12:38 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

feel free to join, as long as you post with well thought
the elven archer may not survive by himself,
Old 10-25-2001, 12:49 AM   #9
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:
I'll play liliara, although I don't really know the rules either *shrugs*
Sounds like fun!

Hey Prime!!!! How are ya? I just placed a post in 250's thread. It looks quite promising! Come on over and see what you think.

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-25-2001, 05:12 AM   #10
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
the elven archer may not survive by himself,
I heard that! You just hope I'll let the barkeep live
Just kidding

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings