Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2000, 03:15 AM   #1
DuckofPrey

Say, if your a multiclass fighter/mage or a duel class fighter/thief... Which stronghold would you get?

Old 11-24-2000, 03:47 AM   #2
Armisael

I got the fighter's stronghold, then dual classed to a mage, but never got the mage stronghold. I've heard if you dual class, get the stronghold for the secondary class, then level up until your primary class is active, you can also get the stronghold for your primary class. Not sure at all about multiclasses.

Old 11-25-2000, 04:10 PM   #3
Lokta

From what I've seen elsewhere, Multiclassed characters get whatever Stronghold they accept first. As for Dualclassed, I played through as a fighter/Cleric (Cleric second class, and I imported the Character from Tales of the Sword Coast.. meaning I didn't dualclass in BG2) and got Nalia's Keep. However, I did that quest before completing all the Temple quests, so I might have been able to get the Cleric Stronghold instead of the Fighter. In fact, I would expect that because I've read that Dualclassed are supposed to get the Strongholds for their secondary class. However, that wasn't what happened to me.. go figure.

Old 11-25-2000, 07:40 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dual or multi characters get whichever stronghold they go for first. They cannot get another stronghold with ONE exception due to a loophole - fighter/mages (dual and multi) apparently can get the mage and fighter stronghold if they refuse the fighter stronghold first, then get the mage stronghold, then get the fighter stronghold again (although I'm not certain how to initiate the dialogue to get the fighter stronghold after having refused it initially).