Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Guild Wars Nightfall to Debut in Free Global Event Open to the Entire World! Millions of Guild Wars Players not the Only Ones Invited to the Big Event!

September 12, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) – Announced today by ArenaNet®, developer of the wildly-popular franchise Guild Wars®, the studio's latest game Guild Wars NightfallTM will make its debut in a massive event open to anyone and everyone who would like to play. The event will take place September 22, 2006, beginning at 12:01am PDT and running through September 24, 2006 at 11:59pm PDT.

The Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event will feature previews of the new environments, new missions, and new battle arenas. The event will allow players to create Nightfall-specific characters from the six core professions as well as the two new NightfallTM professions, the Dervish and the Paragon, and try out new Nightfall skills. The entire Istani province of the new realm Elona will be open for player exploration, and players will be able to view the first Nightfall in-game cinematics. In addition, two new arenas will make their debut, the Sunspear Arena and Churranu Island.

For an added bonus, the November 2006 issue of PC Gamer magazine, due in stores a week before the event, boasts a Guild Wars Nightfall cover story, and includes an access key for an exclusive, in-game, Gray Giant miniature. The Gray Giant will be useable during the World Preview Event, and then may be reactivated with a Guild Wars Nightfall account upon release.

The Guild Wars live events are world-renowned, drawing players in unprecedented numbers who log millions of gameplay hours. The Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event is expected to exceed prior Guild Wars beta records as eager fans await their first taste of one of the year's most-anticipated games, and ArenaNet is preparing to handle the flux of participants on its servers.

Guild Wars, an instant bestseller worldwide upon its release in April 2005, and Guild Wars Factions, the number one game in both North America and Europe earlier this year, are global online roleplaying games. Guild Wars Nightfall continues the tradition of inviting players to immerse themselves in an epic storyline centered in a vibrant fantasy setting. Eager fans can get the Guild Wars Nightfall Prerelease Bonus Pack in stores on September 15, and the Guild Wars Nightfall Standard Edition and Guild Wars Nightfall Collector's Edition on October 27, 2006.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Already knew about it, but what is the "gray giant"...

Miniture?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I posted this for those of you that may still have an intrest in GW.
I now have become a GW addic and play 3 hrs everyday M-F and 8 to 24 hrs on sat & sun. Sofar I have over 5,500 hrs in the game with 4 accounts and 4 coppies of each of the first two games and 4 copies of the new game (Nightfall) pre-ordered thats comming in Oct. You can find me on line on one of My 18 characters after 8:00 P.M. atlanic M-F
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yes a Miniture is a (pet) small replaca of a monster that You can keep in your inventory and while on PvE quests and missions you can double click the inventory Icon and this pet will follow you thru the mission (It has no power and does nothing just for collecting and trading). In order to get the Gray Giant Miniture you will need to buy the november issue of PC Gamer Magazine and find the access Key.
These Pets have brought in as much as 250,000 gold when sold in Game to collectors and others that havent had access to the other 12 or so pets available. The number 12 is a guess I just know there are alot of them and Have 6 of them Myself and Have sold 5 others.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The Grey Giant looks pretty cool. Im trying to get my hands on a US copy of PC Gamer as its only in that magazine. Later on their will be another Mini Pet for the Euro version of PC Gamer.

The Grey Giant looks like a Human warrior but with horns and Half its face missing. The other half looks like a monster. I think some pictures are up of it on GWOnline.

Looking forward to the Preview Event. Got an good Pervish Build that im looking to try out revolving around conditions and Avatar of Melandru.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Looking forward to the Preview Event. Got an good Pervish Build that im looking to try out revolving around conditions and Avatar of Melandru.
LMAO. Gotta love those Pervish builds. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Melandru's avatar is pretty devastating, I agree. Can't wait for it to come out.

Lets hope that Nightfall shits all over factions and the major disappointment (for me) that came with it's release..
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 AM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

LOL How good will a Pervish class be!!!! Im leaving that in!!!!!!

It would suit all the 13 year old gamers who are on Guild wars like 24 hours a day wanting to see my ele dance.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

I've still not got factions yet
Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, I wonder if they'll nerf dervish, they have dangerous mix of abilities that can make them really overpowered. In the pvp preview mine could solo the other team at times in random arena, there were games when my team died early and I had to do the match alone, for example one game my team early and I killed everyone, then again a second time because of their rez. Sadly I wasn't able to reproduce it to that extreme, but a well build dervish can be immune to a lot of things, more than other classes can.

There was one player that made a grief dervish/monk build that was pretty powerfull. She was using Arcane Zeal which can be kept perma. This coupled with the dervish's ability to regain life and energy when an enchantment end gave her infinite energy. Pretty much all her skills were enchantments. I don't know what all she had, but she had perma healing breeze among other things and she kept spamming short duration enchants. She probably had Contemplation of Purity too because I don't remember debuff sticking on her.

Anything that add cooldown like some interrupts and diversion would probably done the trick, but there wasn't anything the team I was in could do against her. That's all she did in the arena, her name was "God mode" or something like that I don't know if she had a plan for interrupt.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Rumors I have heard indicate that the core and factions classes will bereceving new skills to combat the Dervish and Paragon skills.

In the early Favtions PvP and PvE weekends Assassins and Rits were powerful because their were no counters and the new skills for the core classes hadn't been released.

I do think that some Dervish Skills will be nerfed but I think we are going to see some interesting new skills comming along.