Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2001, 08:01 PM   #1
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I am a long-time fan of Monty Python, but where I'm from there are only about three people that I can randomly spout quotes in front of and NOT get or stares. People think I'm a bit odd, and maybe they're right, but what the hey! I'm me.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-07-2001, 08:02 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMME!!!!!!!!!

spam spam spam spam spam,
SPAM, WONDERFUL SPAM!,
spam, spam, spam, spam.....

LOL, *sigh*

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 08:03 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sort of. My children forced me to watch their stuff. The Holy Grail thing was funny. Should get my children in here....

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 08:13 PM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

I can't get enough of Monty Python. There are very few places you can go for that special brand of humour.

As a resident of the UK, I find that a lot more people have heard of/seen the show, as there have been many re-runs. Therefore, I don't get so many weird looks.

Still, a lot of people are totally confused by it.

The Holy Grail is probably my favourite of the films.

"We want..... a SHRUBBARY!!!!!"

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 08:16 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and Now For Something Completely Different...those were my top 3 faves of Monty Python. Didn't care too much for The Meaning of Life...it lacked some of the magic and mayhem the others had. I think they were starting to get a little old then...*sigh*

I also love some of what the other actors have done since, including Brazil, Time Bandits, Erik the Viking, and The Fisher King.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 08:25 PM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

She turned me into a newt..

Well I got better

LMAO I love Monty Python! Agreed Saz, Meaning of Life was sort of lacking...but most everything else is simply brilliant.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-07-2001, 08:33 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I have only seen "Monty Python and the FLying Cirus" it was alright, but I have seen parts of The Holy Grail, it looked pretty funny.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-07-2001, 08:38 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Holy Grail was good. So was Life of Brian after I got over feeling it was blasphemous, lol!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 08:45 PM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I am a long-time fan of Monty Python, but where I'm from there are only about three people that I can randomly spout quotes in front of and NOT get or stares. People think I'm a bit odd, and maybe they're right, but what the hey! I'm me.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-07-2001, 09:19 PM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Oooooh! I didn't expect so much so SOON!!!

I HAVE come to the right place!

And those who've responded so far have quoted some of my faves!

SPAM is ausgezeichtnet! (sp?) and the "newt" incident. But perhaps my most favorite is the Knights Who Say Ni! I've seen this movie literally over two hundred times and it still gets me rolling every time! My father corrupted me early as he watched these when he was young.

And I agree that the movie for The Meaning of Life was a bit off, but on tape! Man, that's great! I have a tape called "instant record collection" with bits of everything and I was listening to it before I saw the movie. It's got "crunchy frog" and "argument clinic" and SO many others on it! I just LOVE British humor. I also watch Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances.

Side note: My best friend has asked me to go to Europe with her next June (for a whole MONTH). Since I've never been on an airplane (got to take a quick helicopter ride once, but that's all) I will really enjoy it! One of the stops will be in London, etc.

Also, I, too love the movies these guys have done apart from Python. Time Bandits HAS to be my all-time, non-Python Python movie!

And for those who post and say they aren't sure about Python or just don't like it or "get" it, try watching "Holy Grail" one more time, uninterrupted and see. If you still don't care for it, don't feel bad. We can't all be perfect! (and all that). LOL and JK!