Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-18-2001, 09:27 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well as long as there in no humidity, I am all for it! I love feeling smooth and sweatless... with its cool air breezing through your clothes... ahh

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-18-2001, 09:33 AM   #12
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
It is now raining here

It hasn't really rained in so long (at least a month) and now it is down-pouring with thunder and lightning....oh I just love it! Nothing like going to bed with the sound of rain on your window and that cool, clean smell that rain brings!

It must have been raining across the entire state last night! We had rain .. severe thunderstorms .. at the same time. It's actually rather chilly here this morning. And cloudy.

Hey! Cloudy... what ya hanging over Minnesota for??

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-18-2001, 01:56 PM   #13
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I used to hate rain until a friend of mine told me to think of it as "liquid sunshine"!

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-18-2001, 01:59 PM   #14
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Well, after 363 days of rain a year.... you kinda get used to it, lol

No Jerome I think your underestimating that there I think its more close to 365 days a year

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 03:55 PM   #15
Drake
Baaz Draconian

ooh an "I love rain" thread!! ok I can support that. I happen to love rain a lot but just my luck it's been sunny for weeks now. I have a tan. no kidding a real sun tan. damn I think I should go take a shower and stay indoors til it starts to rains again.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 08-18-2001, 04:41 PM   #16
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
No Jerome I think your underestimating that there I think its more close to 365 days a year

Well, thats not strictly true.... it also snows occasionally!

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 09:20 PM   #17
Moni

I was so sick with a sore throat yesterday that I went to bed at 8 p.m. and got up at 4 a.m. and went back to bed at 6 a.m. and slept in until somewhere around noon.
It rained here today for the first time since mid-spring and I missed it!
I feel better today though

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-19-2001, 09:22 PM   #18
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Well, thats not strictly true.... it also snows occasionally!

we have 366 per year
unless we have a 29th of february in which case we have 367 days of rain (don't ask how)

------------------

Old 08-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #19
trux

Generally I love the rain...it's soothing and it makes me sleepy. I like being sleepy. However, the rain this past weekend RUINED MY LIFE! Ok, so I'm exaggerating a little bit. I'll explain.

It hasn't rained in northern Virginia all summer practically, and the heavens pick this past weekend to take it's anger out on us. It rained so hard it was deemed a national disaster in the DC and northern Virginia area. Everything flooded, many businesses and homes were either flooded out or seriously disrupted.

The worst thing about it is that my favorite band - a little band you may have heard of called Radiohead - was playing an outdoor show both days of the weekend. Of course, I had my tickets since the moment they went on sale...I had been waiting for this moment since the last time I saw them on their O.K. Computer tour (this is the first time they've toured the United States since that tour, three years ago or so) and the two day-long torrential downpour cancelled the shows. As far as I know Radiohead is not coming back to do a make-up show, and trux remains sitting in a corner weeping quietly.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 09:50 PM   #20
Moni

Aw, man! I love Radiohead! I'd be crying too.

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!