Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #1
Balor
Dungeon Master

Well im a Mage all the way!!! But I'd like to know.. How could i make my new mage im going to make into a TANK?

------------------
Yeah, Yeah Yeah I know I can't Spell. So don't ask me what I just wrote!!

:mage1:
Balor
The Irish GOD of Death Commands you!
Old 06-17-2001, 10:31 AM   #2
Volourn
Manshoon

Use the following spells: mirror image, blur, stoneskin, tenser's transformation, strength, weapon immunity, haste, etc. I'm sure I missed a few.

and/or

Use the following items: strength increasing items, staff of the magi,bracers of ac 3 or elven chain, etc. I'm sure I missed a few.

good luck!...

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
Shadow
Manshoon

This is the way.

Get a mage a girdle of strength.

Give him a dagger in the off hand.

Put boots of speed on him.

Cast melfs minute meteor.

Bye enemies.

Thats how i soloed.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:40 AM   #4
Balor
Dungeon Master

I went to this site right Here and i like that staff of the Magi!!!! That right there is a Must for any mage to be turned into a tank!

Dont you think?

------------------

Balor
Old 06-17-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

Dual class a ninth level fighter to a mage with 5 proficiencies in staff-that ought to do the trick. Then you don't have to rely on tenser's transformation.
Old 06-17-2001, 11:25 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yup just make sure that if you dual class a fighter to a mage make sure hes got an 18 on intelligence. that way he can use the higher level spells.. then go kick some booty

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 11:53 AM   #7
Balor
Dungeon Master

So duel class fighter.. to get the plus 5 on your staff proficiancey? hay that might work.. but no armor.... drats

------------------

Balor
Old 06-17-2001, 12:35 PM   #8
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Balor:
So duel class fighter.. to get the plus 5 on your staff proficiancey? hay that might work.. but no armor.... drats

Fighter/Mages don't NEED armor. There are tons of spells (and items) that make them tougher than any pure fighter. For example: Shield, Blur, Mirror Image, Ghost Armor, Spirit Armor, Stoneskin, Prot. from Normal Weapons, Prot. from Magic Weapons, Mantle, Absolute Immunity. Many of these don't work together, but you get the idea. Mages don't really need the lower AC either, because of Stoneskin. Druids get a similar spell (iron skins), but can't cast as many.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-17-2001, 01:16 PM   #9
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

mages also get the robes of good/evil archmage. They give decent ac...or you could get venca's robe if ya got the bonus merchants...
Old 06-17-2001, 01:55 PM   #10
Drawde1
The Magister

There's no need to be restricted to staffs if you're a Fighter/Mage (unless you really want the Staff of the Magi). A F/M can use any weapon in the game, and when their spells run out they can put on some plate armour and be an asset rather than a liability!