Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #1
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok, so I proceeded to fight the improved Bodhi, as usual, I failed and failed...never made it in the past...but this time, I asked Drizzt for help...but Bodhi was still too scary, and so we always put Drizzt on the front line, along with Fallen Deva; still, as usual, we failed miserably, several reloads later, somehow we manage to finish her with everyone standing well and sound...yet it was Drizzt got the kill...no 91000 [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] we should just call it a day and be happy that we finally survived!
but I really wanted that 91000 XP, and so we tried again, then again...finally made it, but Drizzt died just few seconds before Bodhi recovered to uninjured and charged in with the second half of the battle...we managed to survive the second half.
Sorry Drizzt, got you to fight this nasty, scary being unlike a while back you just asked me to help fighting some pathetic gnolls (but I do know that you didn't need any help, just being nice to new adventures since even my PC alone could handle those gnolls).

we made it because of luck (a well execuated tactic needs luck) and Drizzt's sacrificing himself. it's the way of warriors and adventures...
Old 09-11-2003, 02:50 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

He'll get raised by malchor anyway.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
He'll get raised by malchor anyway.
yeah, just found about that... I've never gotten Drizzt killed before (the standard Bohdi is a piece of cake, and this is my first success in defeating the improved one).

anyway, this makes me think...Drizzt shouldn't be able to be raised from death; he's like the leader of his adventure group (like my PC). The death of the leader of a group should mean game over. yet, he's a legend I guess it's different.

talking about Harper association, well, I think my PC should have the privilege to be raised if dead after Jaheira gets the harper's pin...at least I think Terminsel will want do this for us
Old 09-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #4
Devv
The Magister

The reason it's game over if you die, is coz all your Bhaal essence floats away from you Drizzit is a character that annoys me in some ways. He is so damn good by breaking the rules!
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Devv:
The reason it's game over if you die, is coz all your Bhaal essence floats away from you Drizzit is a character that annoys me in some ways. He is so damn good by breaking the rules!
1. Correct. It's your Bhaal-tainted blood that makes you irraisable/erasable Just remember the end-movie from BG1.
2. If you dislike Drizz't so much you should cheat in Artemis, backstab him and later brainsuck Melchor to make sure he doesn't get raised [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
Originally posted by Devv:
1. Correct. It's your Bhaal-tainted blood that makes you irraisable/erasable Just remember the end-movie from BG1.
2. If you dislike Drizz't so much you should cheat in Artemis, backstab him and later brainsuck Melchor to make sure he doesn't get raised [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]i've conducted this experiment many times:
I cheat in drizzt and artemis, put them in my party, and have them attack eachother 1-on-1 to see who wins. However, I don't start with artemis in the shadows, I just have them fight it out. Strangely, I often have artemis wint the first fight, then drizzt the next, and so on. IIRC, artemis has more HP, which is probably his best edge over drizzt in this little experiment i like to try [img]smile.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've only asked Drizzt for help once (it was my first run against Imp. Bodhi and I wasn't at all pleased with her Chap. 3 incarnation), and from what I saw, he wouldn't have lasted 5 rounds with her--he'd only have lasted 1 round without NPP. But I never got to find out, due to a humorous episode: Drizzt and party were helping me slice up the wimpy normal Vampires (like I need the assistance), when one of them Dominated Wulfgar. Drizzt promptly turned on his friend and sliced him into chopped liver, then accused ME of attacking him. See ya later, moron!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #8
Ragash
The Magister

Is Artemis anywhere in BG2? I mean without cheating? And how do you cheat him in? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ragash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:12 PM   #9
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Drizzt? hah, i always kill him. He has cool stuff, and as korgan says "i like the look of some of their stuff. lets kill them!".I always sell everything, and revel in the fact that his stupid friend will not ressurect him. Not ever.
Without patches though...
I hate the charachter...too popular, every one knows of him, and i am always in the shadows. i let him live only once, and killed him in bodhi's lair. than the annoying friend of his stole my newly aquarid stuff! the scimitars were too good to be wasted, and he stole them. grrrr

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:08 PM   #10
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
Drizzt? hah, i always kill him. He has cool stuff, and as korgan says "i like the look of some of their stuff. lets kill them!".I always sell everything, and revel in the fact that his stupid friend will not ressurect him. Not ever.
Without patches though...
I hate the charachter...too popular, every one knows of him, and i am always in the shadows. i let him live only once, and killed him in bodhi's lair. than the annoying friend of his stole my newly aquarid stuff! the scimitars were too good to be wasted, and he stole them. grrrr
try this evil little trick...

have your pc hasted and improved hasted...they stack, then while the rest of the party waits, open the door and run inside...drizzt, being the nice little bot will follow you, you then make this big U turn, run right in front of improved bodhi, then go out the door...slam the door in front of drizzt, and he's stuck in there with dozens of skeletons and undead and improved bodhi...he dies valiantly, while my party watches with farsight and giggles...and munch on popcorn and take bets...and usually kills off some of the undead for you...now since i have the ease of use component keep drizzt loot, i get to loot his body, while my party giggles again...

Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote