Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-01-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Best Weapon in the Game:
Obviously, Carsomyr, but how about the second/third best weapon? (Crom Faeyr?)

Best Helmet in the Game:
Dragon Helm

Best Armour in the Game:
Haven't got a clue, somebody tell me?

Best Mage Spell:
Time Stop?

Best Belt:
Inertial belt?

The Tuffest Monster:
Dragons? Liches?
Old 10-01-2001, 12:11 PM   #2
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Best weapon - 1st Carsomyr (but only if you have a Paladin) 2nd Crom Faeyr 3rd Celestial Fury

Best Helmet - Baldurans Helm

Best Armour - Red Dragon armour (AC -1 50% fire resistance)

Best Mage Spell - Breach - almost impossible to beat some mages/liches/dragons without it.

Best Belt - Girdle of frost giant strength

Tuffest monster - demilich - until you figure out how to beat it. Aside from that the Red Dragon.

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Old 10-01-2001, 12:12 PM   #3
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Best weapon - 1st Carsomyr (but only if you have a Paladin) 2nd Crom Faeyr 3rd Celestial Fury

Best Helmet - Baldurans Helm

Best Armour - Red Dragon armour (AC -1 50% fire resistance)

Best Mage Spell - Breach - almost impossible to beat some mages/liches/dragons without it.

Best Belt - Girdle of frost giant strength

Tuffest monster - demilich - until you figure out how to beat it. Aside from that the Red Dragon.

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Old 10-01-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Heh well first of all your best weapon is gunna get a ton of argument from a ton of people

Best weapon: staff of magi. Killer thac0, TONS of specials.

Best Helmet: Vhailor's Helm (a copy of any of your warriors is great. ALso cool for clerics if you want another spellcaster).

Best armor: Robe of Vecna. It may only be useful for a mage but EGADS man this is powerful!!!

Best mage spell: Project Image. I cannot understand what the hell they were thinking on this one. There are so many loopholes here its not even funny. Infinate casting of all of your spells. Infinate use of all potions,items and scrolls. Get some time stop & horrid wilting scrolls. and go bonkers.

Best belt: OK changing my vote to frost giant strength. I would always take that over a protective belt for alot of my characters (if you want to be techinical imoens belt she has in the begging of the game makes her immune to death hehe)

Toughest monster is a hard call. Kangaxx gets easy with the proper strategy. I think I had the hardest time with the dragon in suldanessellar.

PS: I just gotta say Carsomyr is fantastic but severily overrated by alot of people. Its a +5 sword that gives magic resistance. Its dispell ability is not that powerful. Celestial fury is outstanding. Flail of the ages is underrated with its slow special that has a somewhat watered down stun ability (slow) like CF has and there is no save against that special.

Compare staff of magi against carsomyr though. Both only usable by a certain class. Mages are more common that paladins though (and fighter/mage templates are abundant). It has the same dispell ability as carsomyr, wielder is invis, casts spelltrap once a day (better than 50% magic resistance imho), immunity to charm,protection from evil and gives ac and saving throw bonuses! throw in the offensive spell abilities and thats one insane weapon!

[This message has been edited by deathknight (edited 10-01-2001).]

Old 10-01-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
chinese noodle
Manshoon

these probably arent the best but these are the ones i like best

best weapon- black razor or celestial fury
best armour- shadow dragon scale (good for thieves because it is a good std. leather armour
meanest bad dude- none really. the shadow dragon i killed with a disintergrate spell first try and still got the scales, liches i just go in and beat up,
tanariis i just send in my tanks and cast fingers of death at, vampires are annoying coz they leve drain you.
best belt- inertial barrier
best helmet- dont like helmets coz they look gumby, but baldurans helm
best spell- time stop (magic missile is just so goddamn useful tho, so is chromatic orb at high levels)
Old 10-02-2001, 02:13 AM   #6
Rikard

Weapon:
-Crom Feayr
-Staff of Magi
-Celetial Fury

Armor
-Red Dragon Scale
-Robe of Vacna (mage)
-BladeSinger Chain (dualled mage/Bard)
-Shadow Dragon Scale (thief)

Helmets
-Helmet of Defence
-Helm of Balduran

Best Mage Spell
-L1: Magic Missle
-L2: Melfs Acid Arrow
-L3: Fire Arrow
-L4: Stoneskin
-L5: Lower Resistance
-L6: Death Spell
-L7: Khelben's Warding Whip
-L8: Abi Dalzim's Horrit Wilting (about 60 damage to all baddies)
-L9: Time Stop

Best Belt
-Imoens Belt (Save vs Death; you cannot die, not a legit item)
-Belt of Inertial Berrier
-Girdle of Frost Giant Strenght

Toughest Monster
-Jon Irenicus
-Firkraag (Red Dragon)
-Kangaxx (Demi Lich)

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies