Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-12-2000, 03:37 PM   #1
smellymummy

Hello, some of the stuff below can be a SPOILER for your game.

My first question is: Does time affect anything for the outcome of the game? Asides from specific quests where you're informed of a time limit, is there any other affect of it? I'm just worried about over using camping.

The second question is about Amonem (typo?). I completed his father's quest by killing (and robbing) the evil merchant fellow. Now the order of radiant heart rejected his knighting, and Amonem's alignment is now CN... Is this good? bad? Can I ever get him knighted? Is it really important?

Third question.... what is the "Head of Neb" for??? It's really ugly, and if I remember, worth 0 gp!

Last, is there any way to store items safely? Right now it appears that I run the mea'var (typo?) thief guild, so I stored some stuff in the chests there. I'm afraid of being robbed though

Thanks for reading, and for any help!

Old 11-12-2000, 04:00 PM   #2
Firestorm

the time limit dosen't affect the game overall, first time i done it was in 55 days 12hours but the second was 120 days 21 hours! so i guess u can camp as much as u want.

Amonen (can anyone spell his name?) can only be accepted into the order if u DONT kill the merchant dude. if u get in he gets 50,000 extra exp. +6 wisdom and +4 charisma but if he dosen't get in then he remains the same and dosen't affect the game.

if u take nebs head to the Police bloke in the "council of six building" gives u some exp. 2500 gold and 1 rep.

i stored all my items in a chest in the adventurers mart so i don't think they disapperar but i would check to make sure...

Old 11-12-2000, 07:50 PM   #3
Armisael

Anomen's a joke, regardless of whether he passes that test or not. If he fails the test, though, he becomes (even more) mentally unstable, and starts randomly attacking party members for no good reason, so I'd slit his throat before he slits yours.
There's no time limit, nope.
And you can put your stuff anywhere, it'll never be stolen. I dropped the Equalizer in the middle of the slums, did two quests, came back, and it was still there. : P

Old 11-12-2000, 08:22 PM   #4
Suul-Yinn

General items will disappear if you leave them lying around for a few days in the open, but anything left on desks, shelves, tables, trunks etc is safe. Any item which is quest specific, keys, severed heads or parts of weapons Cromwell can combine, never disappear. However there is the mysterious disappearing item bug which occasionally causes worn items to vanish...spooky!