Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Im new here

Indeed, the game guide is less than brilliant and has been called "The Tome of Misinformation". It has been useful now and then but I don't believe it covers anything better than we have covered it here on the forum.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
Shadow Stranger

Does it mention the glitches with the Wizards Guild quests in Brimloch Roon?
The forums here reflect the game as it was when it was actually released. This may be different to what the manual says.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If I recall correctly, the game guide was written based on what was originally planned for the game and parts that were omitted from the game were omitted from the guide. So from the start it was never completely accurate with the game that was released and doesn't mention the various glitches within the game. It has been useful to some degree (especially since it has been so long since I played W&W that I've forgotten some things).
The information we have on this forum is far more accurate to the game as it actually plays.
Wyv
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Laughing Out Loud Re: Im new here

There's a fair amount of stuff missing from the guide- two of the quests in Brimloch Roon(also bugged), MOST of the Collasium map, and the other maps that are in the "Tome" are sparsely labeled.

The notes for the Crush Trap in the Pyramid say to throw the lever at the end of the hall which enables the trap, and then sprint out to avoid getting crushed(it also moves some panels you passed by earlier that enable your party to progress further), however the lever actually DISables the trap which does its crush damage thing as you go through the hall to throw the switch.

There are four "Tomes of Creation" needed to become a Zen Master and the "Tome" mentions "other false tomes", which to my knowledge, don't exist in the game.

The inset map for Skull Castle's "Elevator Puzzle" is the exact same map as that for the "Elevator Puzzle" in the Serpent Temple, and it's completely wrong.

It gives "solutions" to puzzles which either don't work, or are so poorly written, or lack useful information so as to make them useless.

Other than that, it's a really great guide! ;^D

Peace, +Dr. Pick

Last edited by Dr.Pick; 09-13-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well described, Dr.Pick!!!

Wyv
Old 08-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Shadow Stranger

It is well below the standard of the SSI cluebooks then, the ones that I am most familiar with. There are all sorts of bugs and glitches in the game, the errors in the guide book reflect the game all too well in that area.
As for items, the list of them is known, and a lot of the relevant file I was able to decrypt. There are no false tomes.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags