Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #131
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Paraphrasing Del Piero about the Sweden-Denmark game:

We've noticed that the danes have recently had a lot of opinions about our sportmanship. Now it's up to them to show they've got sportmanship as well. A result of 2-2 would be absolutely disgusting.

What a bloody idiot. He's basically saying there are two possible outcomes:

1) Italy goes through
2) Italy does not go through because the poor widdle nation was the victim of a conspiracy between the cheating and dishonest scandinavians

I think it's pretty sickening how much some italians are going on about being set up. It's like they're trying to convince the UEFA that if the result in our game vs Denmark is anything but favourable to Italy, it should be invalidated. Would they just face the fact that they've got no one but themselves to blame for the position they're in? If the result between Sweden and Denmark turns out to be 2-2 or 3-3 or something else that means Italy are going home, it wont be because of some conspiracy, it'll be because that's just the way things turned out.

I can't believe they're still trying to find others than themselves to blame for not making the quarters (assuming they don't). Del Piero is the worst loser I've ever seen.

[ 06-20-2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 06-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #132
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Haha, it'd be quite funny if it WAS a draw and Italy went home - just because it'd be so unlucky. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-20-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #133
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Yeah, Mem, do you get the matches shown live over there? I'm def. watching it, but as you say I reckon Spain might choke and Portugal might still be suffering from a lack of confidence and the knowledge that they lost in a friendly to Spain not long ago. Could either be a cracker or a very nervous match...
Yes, I've got Foxtel Cable, so they're showing it live...at 4:30am on a Monday morning!!!

This is what I'll look like at work after no sleep...especially if Spain lose ----> [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img]

[ 06-20-2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #134
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Paraphrasing Del Piero about the Sweden-Denmark game:

We've noticed that the danes have recently had a lot of opinions about our sportmanship. Now it's up to them to show they've got sportmanship as well. A result of 2-2 would be absolutely disgusting.

What a bloody idiot. He's basically saying there are two possible outcomes:

1) Italy goes through
2) Italy does not go through because the poor widdle nation was the victim of a conspiracy between the cheating and dishonest scandinavians

I think it's pretty sickening how much some italians are going on about being set up. It's like they're trying to convince the UEFA that if the result in our game vs Denmark is anything but favourable to Italy, it should be invalidated. Would they just face the fact that they've got no one but themselves to blame for the position they're in? If the result between Sweden and Denmark turns out to be 2-2 or 3-3 or something else that means Italy are going home, it wont be because of some conspiracy, it'll be because that's just the way things turned out.

I can't believe they're still trying to find others than themselves to blame for not making the quarters (assuming they don't). Del Piero is the worst loser I've ever seen.
I reckon rather than concerning himself with a situation that his team only has itself to blame on getting itself into, Del Piero should shut up and worry about how they're going to get the goals against Bulgaria with their catannacio gameplan...

Old 06-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #135
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:

Typical though how much italy's play improved without that fruitcake Totti. Even the Italian people back at home are sick and tired of his behaviour on the pitch now. More than 60% said that a 3 game suspencion isn't enough.
Totti's got to be THE most overrated player in the world right now - he's worse than Del Piero in terms of how the Italian media have built him up in a desire to have an Italian as the world's best player. He's a great club player but gee he lets himself down with his stupidity on the field.

On another note, Spain v Portugal tonight (today?) should be a cracker. I reckon Spain will choke...again...but can the Portuguese handle the pressure?
[/QUOTE]Totti has got to be the only footballplayer i know who shaves his legs, can you believe that ?

I don't know what the deeper thought behind it is, but that's also one of the reasons i called him a fruitcake. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2004, 02:28 PM   #136
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Regarding Italy I agree with the comments made that they are bad losers. Remember the last world cup? When they where knocked out by South Korea they blamed the Ecuadorian(sp) referee. Okay he didn't have the best of matches but the simple fact is they failed to take their chances. If Vieri had scored that chance he had they would have went through, it was their fault not anyone else's. And then the Italian Club Perugia sacked the South Korean player Ahn(who played for them) who scored the goal that knocked them out! Talk about bad losers!

Tonight's big match: Should be a cracker!

People talk about Spain blowing it but if anything so far in the tounrnament it's Portugal who have looked like doing that. And remember Spain beat Portugal easily 3-0 in a friendly recently, and really looked the suprior side(although I admit that will count for nothing come kick off). I find it amusing when people constantly go on about Spain underachieving in major tournaments. I live in N. Ireland and have acsess to English TV stations, they constantly go on about Spain underachieving so they say they won't win the title but say England can! Nonsense! England have only qualified out of the group stages of the European Championships ONCE (Euro 96) and they were hosts! Spain have a far better record than England at Euro championships. Yet I don't hear people saying Enland will blow it against Croatia! Why?
Old 06-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #137
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Zarr - because England aren't rated as much as Spain to BEGIN WITH.

Johnny - are you serious? Totti shaves his legs? What a [cut out for political correctness]

[ 06-20-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #138
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Russia Greece: 2-1! Damn Russians, never won anything in the history of their country, but when I need them to lose they beat those #%^! Greeks.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #139
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Vaskez- I'm talking about the English though... They rate their team highly. I saw a poll on an English T.V station were over 65% believed they would win. They had 3 times as many votes as pre tournament favorites France. Why do they think they can win it yet always say Spain won't because they constantly under achieve?

Anyway it's over Spain are out they lost 1-0 to Portugal! Greece also qualified despite losing 2-1 to Russia.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #140
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Zarr - because England aren't rated as much as Spain to BEGIN WITH.

Johnny - are you serious? Totti shaves his legs? What a [cut out for political correctness]
Yeah, i heard it from an Italian on another forum. He's a member of the smoothies.

Saw a good match tonight. I'm indifferent towards both Spain and Portugal, but i also think a tournament loses part of it's charm when the homeside is knocked out early, so i guess i'm happy for Portugal.