Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Anyone who knows any history about the Forgotten Realms, plz post it here. I know a lot all ready, but I just want a better understanding of the world I have become addicted to. Any posts r welcome, from gods to wars. Thanx in advance.

------------------
Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB

Oh that lovely winged elf!
She's more valuable than the arrows of Melf,
More useful than the Scorcher and Magic Missle Conbined,
Join the ALSB, just sign on the line!
Old 10-13-2001, 12:53 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

in Shadow Keeper you should be able to read all the books without the trouble of finding them.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:57 PM   #3
Guiseppe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Surf to: http://www.wizards.com/forgottenreal...sDownloads.asp

There you can download all kinds of files with info on FR

[This message has been edited by Guiseppe (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 01:02 PM   #4
mitsos

I will talk here about the planes in the Forgotten Realms. I got this info mostly from a guy at the Smoldering Corpse bar in Torment. In the center there are the inner planes: the postive and the negative planes, as well as the four elemental planes. After that, it's (I think so), the Ethereal plane and then it's the Prime Material, the plane were Faerun, the planet where the Sword Coast is situated. After that it's the Astral Plane and after that, it's the outer planes. There are many categories of outer planes but I don't remember them. Their different types are primarily based on the different alignments.

About the prime material, we know that it has the world of Abeir-Toril(I don't think the spelling is correct). In this world, there is Faerun.

About the gods, there are many :Bhaal(he,he,he), Helm(neutral), Lathander(good), Talos(evil), Umberlee(of the sea and the water), Tymora(of adventurers)etc. There was a time called the Time of Troubles when all gods assumed mortal forms-avatars and had to live on Faerun for a time, with the exception of Helm. During this time two gods (I don't remember which) killed each other, and a human called Cyric killed Bhaal and became the god of murder.

Now, all these are written in the manuals. Then why did I waste my time writing them?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Just kidding.

It was fun.Some of these may be inaccurate. Please don't shout.

Old 10-13-2001, 01:20 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it is a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggg history

man, I used to remember detailly about the history of Faerun... what a nerd... LOL
Faerun is only a part of Forgetten Realm, but I think Faerun history is what you meant.
ok, basically:

first everything was created
Ginats, Dragons roam the land
then, the elves was the main dominate force on Faerun (somehow Giants and Dragon was driven away, but they do come back from time to time to raid the world)
Elves had concentred their lives among major forests, then the forests began to form big major major community

the elves wars (the Crown War?)
which lasted about couple thousand (??) years, as many as 7 times

two major events druing elven crown war, a black storm raided an entire elven community. it is the black majic from Lilith, by dark elves, who then still lived on surface

another event is dark elves fall from grace. thousands of eveln High Mages performed spell that would shun the dark elves from surface forever. took place at ....(sigh, forgot)

then the humans came to active, along with many conflicts with elven community

Arcane Age

first Mythal magic was developed from the stolen Nether scroll from elven ruin: (sigh... forgot the name)
after that, Humans no longer needed to study magic from elf

Arcane Age is the time when human develope their strength and power. Many enclaves, aka flying cities, were created by powerful wizards and sorceress. it was a time of awakening for human power. some of the most powerful magic were created at that time, namely: Finger of Death, Stone Skin, Demension Door, Time Reversal etc etc etc

Raids of Ogres and Orcs from the north had not been stopped, Humans, with aid of powerful magic, battled the invaders

recorded the first Ogre Mage, Storm

First elven dragonslayer

ack... there are so many events druing Arcane Age... sigh...

forget all of it

Myth Dronna was built, human power reach peak. ruled by Lady Steel
Myth Dronna is a place where all goodly races walk freely. It is protected by most powerful wizzards of the land. it is a place of arcane knowledge, ancient artifacts, lores, music, travelers, magicians, merchants, fortune seekers, legendery weapons, art, literature... the marvel of Myth Dronna had not been surpassed by even today's Silverymoon and Waterdeep. *(I am a little out of date, so it might not be true)

Magician XX(forgot his name) and his red dragon visit Myth Dronna

Guenwyr was lost to underdark

(forgot, sorry)

The seige on Myth Dronna
Magician XX and his red dragon help defend Myth Dronna
First Mythal was created with the help of Elminster to defend the city
(something screw up)

Bane's Duel, a captain (:cry: forgot your name!!) bare handed slew enemy commander
Lady Steel sacrficed her life for Myth Dronna, her death triggered a major consequncy spell, which caused a huge explosion, killing thousands of invaders

Myth Dronna fell, a mark of defeat of goodness

level 11th spell was casted, XXX's Avatar, in hope to dominate Mystra's essence and became God.
the spell caused Mythals to fail all over the world, many enclaves crashed into ground, but two. many were killed
Mystra was killed in the process, but reborn as Mythtra (??) she saved two enclaves before they hit the ground
Spells above level 9 were forever banned from land of Faerun

then the rest of Faerun history is just totally a blur to me, I am very sorry,
it included:

Darkhold
North Reckoning
the destruction of Elven forest at (hmm, that place is shown in BGII game)
I also missed: the form of Calimpot and Fire Genie against Air Genie wars

War between human and elves in Calimport area
darven clans and their history
and...ack, so many more...

I suggest you read a timeline, it is very interesting and fascinating when you read them with your imagination

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 10:10 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it took me a while to write....