Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-30-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I am playing a ranger and am now at level 17. Up until now, I haven't really bothered using my spells, but recently decided to try them. Problem is, most of the ones I took don't work. Entangle, for example, never works. I tried using it, but the icon is "greyed" out, so that I can't choose it. I have tried both indoors and outdoor, during combat and outside of combat. Same thing with hold animal. Same thing with the various summon creature spells (I was thinking it had something to do with already having an animal companion... Do druids have this problem?) Curing spells can only be cast upon myself and not my allies. So, basically, I've gone back to ignoring spells. Has anyone else found a way to use them properly?
Old 07-30-2002, 10:21 PM   #2
AndyG
Elminster

Have you rested to memorize your spells?
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:14 AM   #3
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Yes. I am not THAT dumb. [img]smile.gif[/img]
When I click on spells, it shows the spell as available (has a little "1" on it, showing it was memorized once) but I am not able to cast it.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:26 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

What kind of armor is your ranger wearing? Isnt there armor restrictions rangers casting spells?

Anyway my druid has no problem summoning animals with her companion around.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:41 AM   #5
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I discovered this with my cleric. If you right click on yourself the only spells that are available are ones you can cast on yourself, cure etc. To cast a summoning spell for instance put the mouse pointer at an empty spot and right click. Now you can cast a spell that doesn't require a target. To cast spells on allies right click on them. Basically when you right click is when you select the target or target area of the spell.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:56 AM   #6
DraconisRex

Drag the spell from your book to the hot-key bar. Using the radial menu to cast spells can goof you up. It should work fine unless you have a way-corrupt installation. And if you're at level 17, I doubt that...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #7
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Yes, entangle spells, etc... can only be cast on opponents, will be greyed out if targeted on yourself or the ground
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:49 AM   #8
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Thanks all...
Yeah, I was right clicking on myself to bring up the radial menu. Didn't occur to me to click elsewhere... Duh.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #9
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

No Problem.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote