Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

well, i killed oakenmir for the seed quest (i thought it was the only way untill i read about it on the forum) and i was wondering if its a bad idea, i heard all he had to say and everything so i guess not... if not then why dosent everyone do it? he gives millions of exp and if you know how to do it hes easy i dont know about a 6 character party but with 4 characters he gave everyone 2.5 million and they all went from level 18 to 28
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

You should try it with a single player -- I usually save him for the new Zenmaster.

He'll push a Zenmaster from Lvl 1 to Lvl 68 (or Lvl 72 for an Elf). More or less [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Basically, the only reason not to kill him is a philosophical one, i.e. "Well, they may not enforce the Oath, but I'm going to."

I always kill him [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I never kill Oakenmir - I consider it against the oath that my characters took back in the crypt and I like him. He reminds me of an ent.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

i dont like ents and i like exp, and the oath can kiss my ass, i only took it so they would give me the sword.. i like swords, specialy when they are good at killing things that give lots of exp!
Old 12-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

...well that would seem to be that then.

Like $$, eight-figure Exp can drive one to extremes!

aleph_null1: How did you stand sitting through 70 consecutive level-ups??
Old 12-05-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

well, my goal in a game is to become as powerfull as i can and kill everything in my path that isnt invincible (exept me) thats why i kill everyone and everything [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... besides, good guys often give lots of exp...
Old 12-05-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

One of the nice things about the game as it was released is players have the option to play it as they want.

You're lucky then that the designers weren't able to complete the game as they originally planned before putting it on the market. In the original plans, breaking your oath would have resulted in your characters being consumed by the wrath of the Mavin.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:32 PM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford:
well, my goal in a game is to become as powerfull as i can and kill everything in my path that isnt invincible (exept me)
But if left alone in a room long enough, would your characters just get bored and evetually kill themselves, like the Silastic Armourfiends of Striterax?

Wyvern: I like to think that "consumed by the wrath of the Mavin" may have been executed more poetically, such as encumbering you with some curse for breaking your oath, like vampirism was. Something of a millstone around your neck to make you hate living yet constantly strive for solace in power and the misery of others. The angst of true evil! Darth Vader stuff!
Old 12-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:

Wyvern: I like to think that "consumed by the wrath of the Mavin" may have been executed more poetically, such as encumbering you with some curse for breaking your oath, like vampirism was. Something of a millstone around your neck to make you hate living yet constantly strive for solace in power and the misery of others. The angst of true evil! Darth Vader stuff!
That certainly would be a great way to impliment the "wrath of the Mavin"! I have no idea what their exact plans were and it would seem unfair to have a player's game more or less washed out by taking "the wrong path".
Here's hoping that the delay on the Dungeon Lords game means such major game elements are not going to be omitted.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Here's hoping that the delay on the Dungeon Lords game means such major game elements are not going to be omitted.
Hear hear!