Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-28-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Liriel Baenre
Welcomed New User

I have tried for two years to purchase this game. I have requested assistance from Ironworks and nothing. I requested the D Bradley's email address for assistance nothing. I have requested assistance for the new Dungeon Lords people nothing. Who do I have to kill to get a copy of this game?

Distributors seen unintrested in making more money by releasing again for Christmas. By now it should have all the updates and patches and work with Windows XP.

If D Bradley really does read these posts....How about some assistance with the purchase. I am not asking for a free copy, I have purchased every game you have designed except this one. I even already have the clue book.

Please contact me at this forum.
Liriel Baenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

First of all, welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Is it not available at any online stores? That is strange. I think some of our other new posters got it online. Perhaps they were just lucky finding it cheap at a local store.

Last time I checked - unfortunately, that is some time ago - one of my local software stores had it on the shelf. If you wish I could check it out for you and put you in contact with them (if they still have it, that is )? I am sure they would be willing to send it to the U.S.A.

[ 11-28-2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-28-2004, 09:49 PM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Half.com has five copies here, all under $16, including shipping.

And welcome to IW!

*edit* Occurred to me that you might not have an Ebay account / didn't like it. Froogle gives these results, resulting in many other online stores at even cheaper prices.

Good Luck!

[ 11-28-2004, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: aleph_null1 ]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Liriel Baenre! May you soon journey throughout the Gael Serran to conquer your foes.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aleph_null1 has given you some good head starts. Unfortunately, for a four-year-old game (copyright 2000, by my copy) to stay on the regular shelves, it's got to have some really good stuff. W&W didn't get the credit that Baldur's Gate did (and even though I don't care much for BG), so it's almost impossible to find directly available. Even Activision, the original publishers, don't think it works on XP (although we know better ).

Hope you're able to get it soon! The Gael Serran awaits....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Liriel Baenre!!!

aleph_null1 has already provided you with a link for finding the game so I hope you will soon be adventuring in Gael Serran and keeping us posted on your progress!

Whenever I have difficulty finding an item, I use google (and now froogle). Amazing what you can find!

There is no way that Ironworks could have helped you, I'm not exactly sure why you thought that they could. IW has no association with Bradley or W&W other than to offer this space for a board devoted to the topic.

As for Bradley and Activision - this game is old. They have other irons in the fire, so to speak. Activision never showed great support for this game which is a pity. W&W is a much better game than the reviews might have led players to believe.

Do hope you will have a copy of W&W soon! It's a fun game! If you're using a Win2000 or WinXp machine you may want to browse through the Tech Tips thread. The game was not designed to run on the newer machines but our techie regulars (an amazing bunch!) found solutions and put together the Tech Tips to help others!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll wager that he was looking for it here at IW because if you go to the IW store (from the IW main page), Dan still lists W&W as a game that you can purchase. You might want to suggest to Dan or Mario that they update that page to avoid this problem... Even with a "Sold-Out" image or something like that.

And I think that somewhere on the boards, there's a mention that DW Bradley comes by here every so often. At least, he used to, I think... unless he's really Willow, who's left us again Darn reality... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
dragon2005
The Magister

i got the game a year a go and i got the game for 40 new israely shekel ( 10 dollars).
but a started to play only month a go becous it did not worked on my xp ( video problems).

i jope you get one too it is really a good game ( and a long one if you dont cheat).
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
Shimoda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I ordered this game about a month ago for a friend and didn't have any problems finding it available. There are usually a number of places to look for it.

Amazon:
Just go to Amazon and do a search in the Video Games section.

Here are 3 new games on the Amazon site ranging from $9.67 to $14.44.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...994066-1571256

Here are both the new and used games on Amazon ranging from $7.94 to $12.95 for the used games.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...994066-1571256

I also will go to the following to do a search.

- Yahoo Shopping which list a few places for Wizards & Warriors.

- EB Games which sells some pre-owned games but currently didn't have any availble for W&W.

- E-Bay, Half.com, and Froogle as listed above are also good places to look for it.

Wizards & Warriors is still available and still widely being played as can be noted on the Q&A found on this forum board. I loved the game. Just plain fun with a great story line and group party adventuring that you just don't find anymore.

[ 12-10-2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Shimoda ]
Shimoda is offline   Reply With Quote