Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
woodelf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since it's taken me 3 nights of playing to find 3 conch shells I felt like I'd better ask a newbie-ish type question. How many underwater helms do I need and how many breathers do I need? Is it one per person? If so, is there a crab breeding ground where I can hunt?
woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:34 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You need a helm and breather for each character that you plan to take with you to the underwater city (you don't have to take your full party and some players have taken that option - this is only a good option if you have the spells: create portal, teleport and call of home)

CRAB HUNTING - the best way I found to do it was to hop in my ship and move around near the shore waiting for my scout to tell me there were crabs around. Then I would jump overboard and find them. Sometimes you can get more shells if you try PICKPOCKETING while fighting them.

Good luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:35 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nope - no breeding grounds. One of the quickest methods is to criss-cross the sea in the ship (with spawn rate set to Often) and when one of your characters with Scout says "A crab...was here" jump overboard and fight it (them).

A thief with a good pickpocket skill can sometimes pickpocket the shells right off their backs.

Also, some players have gathered just enough underwater breathers/helmets for 2 or 3 characters, entered Collasium where there are several crabs, collected their shells, and returned to Brimloch to outfit the other party members.

Rick

Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Max
Dungeon Master

If you want to take all of your party into the collasium then you will need a helmet and breather for each party member.

If you need more shells turn your spawn rate to high and then just swim around in one of the sea's you will find crabs soon enough. If you have trouble with them not giving you a shell each time you kill them try pickpocketing them this will give you more shells than just killing them. Of course kill them after you have your shell.

It may also help if one of your party has a high scout level, this will aid you in detecting the crabs.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:40 PM   #5
Max
Dungeon Master

OMG three answers at once..lol...what a lucky post'r.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:44 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Max - we're good! we're really GOOD!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 02:15 PM   #7
woodelf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow, thanks guys. I don't plan on breaking my party up, so I guess I'm gonna be crab-hunting for a while.
woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote