Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2003, 04:05 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

What is the best outcome for this? Or the wisest choice to make for u to GAIN the most out of? I am not saying what is the GOODY-GOODY thing to do.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bringing MARLOWE back to the LICH for 6000exp and getting a crystal (which u can use if u have an evil or neutral character) or possible restore SOUL (which I didn't do yet....leads to more EXP?)

OR

(I pickpocketed the LICH 1st for everything that he had)

Slaying the LICH for 25,000exp (an ambush of course after agreeing to bring MARLOWE to him - thats the DOG way) and PLUS the rest of the UNDEAD horde that appears after? PLUS some other little trinkets?

But after u have done this u go back to MARLOWE and it says 'MARLOWE has nothing to say to you' Is this a BUG??? Also there is TWO MARLOWES there exact copies! (u can talk to either one it doesn't make a difference)

So therefore u can't Kill the LICH *AND* restore his daughters soul back?

Also any HINTS for entering the LOCKED DOOR at the back (the 1 where u have to go up the LADDER 1st)

Does unlocking it have anything to do with Turning the 4 TABLES that summons the 4 elemental Types?

THANKS
Old 11-01-2003, 06:10 AM   #2
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

I suggest to give him marlowe, and keep the gem. Fighting him is a mess, (if you do not cheese ambush in the beginning) and the xp is not worth it anyway. (divide 50000 by 6 )
The door

spoiler

leads to Mr Balthazar that will attack you even if you did not kill the other bhaalspawns first. The tables are the key if i am not mistaken. Have fun!

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
I suggest to give him marlowe, and keep the gem. Fighting him is a mess, (if you do not cheese ambush in the beginning) and the xp is not worth it anyway. (divide 50000 by 6 )
The door

spoiler

leads to Mr Balthazar that will attack you even if you did not kill the other bhaalspawns first. The tables are the key if i am not mistaken. Have fun!
There are a few ways to Balthazar
SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Talk to someone in the NE corner of Amkethran, and you can get a key from them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I havn't gone this way for a while.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:48 AM   #4
xanderwatts
The Magister

You don't need to worry about the door till you've killed the other two Bhaalspawn.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:34 AM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

HAHA Balthasar that name makes me chuckle...(romeo and juliet)
Old 11-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
i fail to see a connection. this is Balthazar after all, note the Z.

anyway, if i dont remember too badly, you can fool the lich into giving you the stone, restoring the daughter and IIRC, save Marlowe...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
As Raistlin said, not certain of the relationship...however, the whole Lich thing discussed here is definitely a play on classic literature.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #8
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

You guys think to hard...BalthaSar and BalthaZar both sound the same!
Old 11-02-2003, 10:41 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Having two Marlowes present at the same time, neither of whom has anything to say to you, is definitely a bug. I suggest you Reload and let the computer get it right this time.

As for material gain, what do you expect the most lucrative path will be? Do you usually get better items when you kill someone, or when you let them go on their merry way?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:18 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

It is something out of ancient literature, as was a question in Six's SoA quiz once: the names derive from a play called "Faust".
Link is offline   Reply With Quote