Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-11-2002, 02:22 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just to let you guys know, I have received the Presskit for Morrowind, which includes the full Worldbuilder Editor. I'll have a full preview and screenshots in a few weeks.

I'll tell you this: It IS hard to learn. I believe Neverwinter Nights will be easier than this one, and MAYBE Dungeon Siege's as well. Dunno yet.

More soon!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-11-2002, 05:48 AM   #2
Vampire

Hi Ziroc. Can you explain to us what Morrowind is like to us less knowledgable one? Is it like BG (infinity engine), or NWN?
Old 01-11-2002, 08:47 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Hi Ziroc. Can you explain to us what Morrowind is like to us less knowledgable one? Is it like BG (infinity engine), or NWN?
Its a huge 3D non linear RPG.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:02 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Too cool, Ziroc!! Hey, are we going to have a Morrowind forum?

(asked here from a die-hard "The Elder Scrolls" fan from way back...played Arena under almost every character there was, and the same with Daggerfall...)

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Is it a first person shooter perspective or the overhead view ala Baladurs gate/NWN?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-11-2002, 12:38 PM   #6
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Is it a first person shooter perspective or the overhead view ala Baladurs gate/NWN?

It's a first-person shooter perspective in realtime. There's a lot that's customizable about your character with any mix of three basic profession types: fighter, thief, and mage. (There are more names given to any combination of the above, but that's what it breaks down into.)

The 3D series has always looked good, but in the past it's been the classic case of pushing non-linearity to the point that everything felt generic: every mage guild in dozens of towns was alike, every guildleader looked similar, etc. There were many political and professional factions, but they didn't interact, except with you.

From what I've seen (and Ziroc can confirm this, I'm sure), the Morrowind is going to sacrifice some of that go-anywhere-do-anything mood to give real presence and individuality to each faction, guild, etc. And if that's married to the combat system, magic system, character creation system and graphics they've had along, it could be a huge success when it appears.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Sounds pretty cool. Does the editor give you any idea of what the graphics will look like? Shoot us some screen shots if you get a chance Ziroc!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-11-2002, 01:01 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks fable. First person perspective leads me cold. I am not a big fan of games that utilize it. I much prefer the overhead perspective of Baldur's Gate. Thanks again.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-11-2002, 05:26 PM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Wow, cool Ziroc, I read a review about the editor and it indeed looked pretty complex a thing to handle. Is their a script tool and "class" editor or is it a free developing of a character build?

Well, post your thought here please!

And by the way, if you are interested of morrowind, check out http://www.gamespot.com they have a preview and lots of screenshots from it.

Don´t eat the yellow snow