Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 10:42 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

From previous thread...
Mistral has written Larry a note of sadness to his heart and he isn't taking it very well at all. In fact, he is getting quite heated up about it.

He has met Sephi, and was in conversation with him as this is occuring.

Mistral is out looking for Kaz, and Spree and Deiter are drinking it up in the tavern.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:43 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

You... you can feel... love? You can actually feel that emotion for another human being? I gave up, long ago, when... when... let's just say that it was worse than what you went through. I'm Sephi, by the way.
He presented his hand for the stranger to shake it
Old 10-28-2001, 10:47 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry tries to calm himself down long enough to remember his manners. He takes Sephi's hand and shakes. Yet, all he can see in his vision is Mistral, on the bridge, playing with a lock of hair. Not wanting to cry for the reason that he is in a public place, and any laughter from anyone in the room would result in their death, Larry just quietly sat there...dazed.

"Sir Sephi, why does this effect me so? What did it take for you to overcome this anguish in your soul?
Old 10-28-2001, 10:54 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sir, trust me, one such as yourself would most definitely not appreciate the method that I used to get over it. When it happenened, I was too overcome with grief, I barely wanted to continue life at all. That's when I became a mercenary, hoping the monsters would klill me since I was too cowardly to do it myself. However, I soon found out that they couldn't kill me, that somehow I always escaped alive... so instead of seeking a physical death, I instead killed my emotions. I can no longer feel the way you do, except for anger... Believe me, it is not something that I would suggest for you. You seem to be so full of life, of the will to live, that my cure would be an unbearable punishment for yourself. But if you want, I can help you deal with your loss...
Why can't I remember what it was like? I could feel it at one point... but no more...
Old 10-28-2001, 11:03 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Can't resist But I don't think I can post that much here…still having server problems…)

Kaz… where can you be… you're the only one I care for in this world besides Isabeau right now… ~ She grits her teeth determinedly, as if trying to force back some unpleasant thoughts ~ What kind of a sister am I, anyway? To leave you in the lurch so many times… ~ Angrily brushes her tears aside ~ Maybe I should even ask you to reconsider if you want such a sister as I…

She halts in her steps, realising the futility of the search ~ At the rate these abominable thoughts are thrashing against my head, there's no way I can concentrate on my hunt. ~ She leans against a decrepit building in despair ~

Just at this moment, Isabeau swoops from the sky and lands on her shoulder, her talons sinking in sharply. Mistral winces and glares at her familiar, but her annoyance soon ends ~ He's not taking it well?… He's shouting in the tavern?… ~ She shakes her head sadly ~ I have sinned yet again…. No, this cannot be… I must face the consequences of my actions, or I shall not be a Freelight. ~

~ Gripping her Shattered Reality and Celestial Fury, she heads for the Five Flagons ~
Old 10-28-2001, 11:05 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"I...I have to find her! I cannot accept a note as an invitation to the end of all I know of to be good! I must find her and see for myself what is wrong!...

With a final conviction set in his heart, he jumps up and begins to run out of the tavern. The Bartender shouted, "Stop that man! He hasn't payed!...Larry gets approached by a large man, standing in his way.
Larry attempted to walk around him, but the man grabbed Larry's arm.. Swinging around, Larry locked his foot in place behind the man's legs, and pushed him down with force enough to take the man's breath. Two more men come running up to Larry to seize him.
Larry grabbed the man nearest him, and with the help of the new strength enhancer he had been given, easily tossed the man across the room, to come crashing into the wall and fall limp. The other man drew his dagger and Larry barely saw it coming as it sank into his side.
Gripping his side for the pain, four other men took advantage of the opportunity to bully somebody, and they all jumped at Larry at once. The combined strength of the men took Larry down, as he desperately fought to exit the door. The barkeeper by now had found the local authorities and they were on their way in.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 11:12 PM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi, seeing that his new acquaintance was in trouble, quickly reached behind his back, pulled his sword out, and approached the pile restraining Larry. Worry not, for I will help you against these cowards!

Sephi charged in and struck one man with his left fist, knocking him against the wall. He then followed up with a kick, bringing it into the man's stomach and knocking his breath out with a woosh of air. The man that stabbed Larry had retrieved his dagger and by now was threatening Sephi with it. As he lunged, Sephi merely shifted his body to the left and let the dagger pass harmlessly by him. Then he grabbed the thug's arm, and broke it at the elbow. With contempt, Sephi threw him against the table, making sure that he landed on his elbow. Two of the other three had by now turned to face Sephi, and the guards were showing up on the scene, their spears at the full ready. in response to these greater numbers, Sephi held his sword up defensively in front of him, but slowly edged forward, ready to defend Larry.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:22 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The guards come in and survey the scene...
Larry lying in his own blood, several men lying around the room, and a dark stranger to the town.
One of the guards replies to Sephi;"Let us take this man into custody, stranger.
He has broken the law, and must be confined.
You would do well to heed our warning..."

Larry, lying on the floor, begins to try and stand up. One of the guards reached out to take his arm. The secured his wrists, and led him out of the tavern toward the city prison.

Looking back over his shoulder, Larry mutters...

friends...Spree and Deiter....explain for me...

Then, Larry is taken away, leaving Sephi and many wounded men behind.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 11:26 PM   #9
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Not another fight?! Awww.... )

As she approaches the tavern, she sees a crowd of drunkards cheering and making merry. Grimacing, she steps forward gingerly and pushes a lecherous gnome aside ~ It's Larry!... I've never seen him in such a fiery temper before... I don't believe it... ~

There is no time to waste. She dashes into the tavern and speaks in her most commanding tone ~ "What is going on here? Why do you have brawls when you claim to be a friendly establishment?" ~

As his indignant cries echo the room, she glances around quickly and sees Deiter and Spree. Giving them a nod, she turns back to the owner ~ "Is that all? I suppose this should do the trick!" ~ She flings 200 gp onto the counter. ~ "Now get everyone to settle down, if you want further business for the night." ~
Old 10-28-2001, 11:26 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...I bet nobody saw that one coming!
oh...this is not my sub-plot I wanted to do, but the one I have that will help me raise my reputation back up will be needed, after I get outta confinement...