Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-03-2001, 06:06 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

The dark lord's reign of terror had ended, Kerah had bestowed an unwanted (and yet gracefully recieved) replacement for the Mavin and left. Anephas had departed and then the world went black. My vision bacame horribly pixelated as the screen changed resolution, and I saw a nice little film. Firstly I was told of the final defeat of Lord Cet (sounds suspiciously like Seth (the h is silent) an ancient Egyptian god who unwittingly created the god of the dead Osiris by treacherously slaying him. Isis was able to animate her husband, in order to bear a vengeful son, and Osiris was granted governence over the dead since he could not return to the land of the living). But I digress. The whole game turned out to be a bedtime story (I liked that slant), and here's where I decided not to take things to literally. The father mentioned the children resting "in the arms of Kerah" wich was probably a blessing/ religious statement. However, it could be a hint that Kerah's natural state is as the Draconic mother of Anephas' children (remember what Shinwiki says about their having been lovers and the hints that Kerah gives). I was pleasantly reminded of Chinese Dragons (weather commanding water beings who lived both in the sky and beneath the sea) and a notion ticled me that as a reward for his good deeds Anephas was granted a new spiritual form to reside in heaven (the dragons around the book looked quite Chinese with the long horselike head but without the cows ears, the lions mane and deers antlers). I considered asking Erathsmeador about this but he'd probably just say something cryptic and add a knowing wink. Why did he guard the sword for them? (Mafia like family bonding perhaps?) But then I realised that this was all conjecture but I wouldn't mind an opinion from Wyv and Saz at least on this. Others are welcome to comment.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:12 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin - I think I will leave the commentary to Saz - he'll say something quite poetic and meaningful while I would just "blather".

Congrats, Balgin!!!!!!!!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

With respect to "I would just blather", if you've read the above then you'll be aware that I just did.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 04-03-2001, 07:13 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Takes a skilled blatherer to appreciate another skilled blatherer! lol!!

Wyv
Old 04-03-2001, 07:15 PM   #5
Balgin
Elminster

In fact, is this prime gael Serran Examiner material, "Forthcomming Issue headlines, Erathsmedor, Sponsor of Mafialike Protection of the World". We shall wait and see.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 04-03-2001, 09:23 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

Maybe if we put enough answers here it'll get Saz's attention.

FYI when questioned about this Erathsmedor grinned, a small strand of smoke curling upwards from his nostrils, and said "Are you talkin' to me?"

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 04-03-2001, 09:53 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There is definitely more than one hint about the "affair" between Kerah and Anephas, especially with Cet's comment on "Look at yourself, cursed angel, and see if your sweet Anephas will love you now." From his intonation, I'd swear he was a spurned lover himself...definitely some jealousy going on there.

It would be interesting to conjecture on the part of Kerah being the great Draconic mother. The mother of the Universe, according to some cultures (including the Chinese) is a Dragon. However, given what Erathsmedor said in his own story about Kerah implied that he had never met her before the day she introduced him to Arthur. Again, though, I'd swear there was a little bit of lechery on his part: "I heard her whisper coaxin'ly into m'ear" (with a Scottish lilt?) I swear that old boy was GRINNING WIDE when he said that. So, who can tell?

I'm not sure to say. Kerah seems to be the protector of everyone in the Gael Serran, from humans to toads to dragons to trees to all the other races combined. The toads definitely pay homage to her, as does Oakenmir.

According to Frazier's "The Golden Bough", Dragons symbolize the power of the elemental forces for most clutres, and are an ancient symbol of wealth, both physical and subconscious. The Wyrm as it is known in the Celtic language is sacred to the Goddess Brigit (Bright), a warrior-protector goddess of ancient Ireland (italics mine). Sounds like Kerah to me!

Incidentally, Denton, my town, is blessed with a Celtic dragon. She (definitely female) has appeared on numerous occasions to several people within the town, and has been documented both in The Ghostly Register (1986, "Was That a Dragon That Just Went By?") and in the Wall Street Journal (1989). In the last documented manifestation of the dragon, it appeared hovering over the house of a family whose two-year-old daughter was suffering from an acute case of bacterial meningitis. Photographers were able to snap pictures of an etheric cloud-like figure over the house, which resembled the form of a dragon with the mouth open. After 24 hours, the mist disappeared. The child subsequently made a full recovery, with no known side effects of the condition.

Personally, I'd say they were lucky. I have not had the chance to witness the dragon for myself, but I definitely believe it's there. It's nice to think that a dragon is watching over my city and cares about its inhabitants.

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 04-03-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:07 PM   #8
Balgin
Elminster

I might disagree on one small thing. Kerah is not the protector of everyone. She is not the protector of Cet (okay, so she is temporarily but it's hard to justify that as true loving care as her answers hint at subjugation rather than maternal instincts). I'll have to agree with you on this one but does it seem like Gael Serran Examiner material? I can work it up if need be and I suppose a family picture might be difficult to arrange.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 04-04-2001, 02:20 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin - I'm glad that I left the commentary to Saz!!

Wyv