Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-23-2002, 05:06 AM   #51
whacky
Emerald Dragon

If i am going to do something i love doing, average or perhaps a bit lil' would be agreable to me [img]smile.gif[/img] though i am sure by the time i grow up my point of view might change [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2002, 09:30 AM   #52
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't know how much is enough, but I know I sure would like enough so I can really do what I want (become a full-time writer) and not have to worry about all my future expenses (such as health, lodgings and electricity bills). You're really lucky to be able to take a step back at the age of 30 and reassess your priorities in life. So, enjoy that fact [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your lady friend, but look at it this way: better for you to have found out now than discover her true nature after investing more affection in her. Best of luck to you in finding someone who cares for you genuinely [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2002, 09:46 AM   #53
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
WAIT!! I just now noticed that you were from Canada. I have some bad news, Animal. You will have to work untill the day you die because $3 mil Canadian is only worth around $50 American [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That and the government enjoys making up taxes that they give fancy names for, and then helping themselves to your money.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:25 PM   #54
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
WAIT!! I just now noticed that you were from Canada. I have some bad news, Animal. You will have to work untill the day you die because $3 mil Canadian is only worth around $50 American [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That and the government enjoys making up taxes that they give fancy names for, and then helping themselves to your money. [/QUOTE]I pay 25% tax on earnings of £1200 a year!!!!!!
Yeah I get it back at the end of every year,
But the fact they still tax me, even though I’m below the earning threshold to actually pay any tax, Is annoying.

As For Money, It’s lucky to have so much at 30, My father was a head of department at a college and never had much money ever really, since the wage acutally decreased in value over the years, and the cost of living in this area is very high.
He saw most of his friends from university become quite rich, (one of them is now an accountant worth c. £5million) but he liked his job...

At least for a while, then he hated it after the college was privatised, but was saddled down with a mortgage and so had to keep on doing it, even though pay was rubbish.
Let that be a lesson to you all, Of what I’m not quite sure, But I reckon there’s one in there somewhere.

Old 11-23-2002, 03:08 PM   #55
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

That all depends on your goals in life. People like Bill Gates are (to put it mildly) competitive assholes; their only goal is to prove to everybody else that They Are The Best. Money is just a way of keeping score.

Personally, I could easily think of many legitimate ways to spend several (as in 30 or 40) million dollars or more, but I would be quite satisfied if someone handed me a cheque for a single million.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:12 PM   #56
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
My net worth is over 3 million. I don't like to announce it or flaunt it and I've worked hard and paid my dues, but I am at a point in my life where I need to evaluate my current situation. It's kinda hard to explain, and a part of me really hates who I am and what I have. I don't seem to quite fit in anywhere if you know what I mean, and you folks no nothing of me or my money until this point so I was hoping for some objective input as to where most of you would feel "comfortable." What would you be happy with?
If I had a net worth of 3 million in liquid assets, I would probably retire and lead a life of leisure, or at least do something like buy a gaming company that would satisfy a few "leisurely" urges. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It all depends on what your goals are. If, for example, you are a business owner who's cornerstone is customer service - ie, you really enjoy helping people - then you might be perfectly happy to continue in business even if you have more than enough in the bank.

Set your goals, think about what you really want out of life, then decide.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #57
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Animal bud, crongrats! You're living the american dream! Of course, there's always a little reality thrown in once you're there to spoil the pure taste of victory. What you need now is some children and a legacy to leave them. The endeavor to get over your wife who sadly passed will probably be every bit as hard as earning your worth was. I'm sure she would want you to find happiness again and have children and a future. When you look in my sig, you see the ingredients to happiness. You need something productive to do to stay happy. Don't quit working. Just take the opportunity to find something you really love to do. Take a long vacation travelling the world and see/do some exciting things! When you get back, find something fulfilling. Heck, with your financial independance you can do some really important volunteer/charity work! You also need someone to love. We all know what a tall order that is. Most people manage to find someone, so I'm sure a competent fellow like yourself will too. You also need something to hope for. Having children and a legacy to leave them can provide you with that. There it is! It's that simple and that hard at the same time. A word of advice. Don't be too hard on the current girlfriend. It's hard not to expect someone to be excited when they hear that they're dating a financial whiz with wealth. At any rate, speaking of money. My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Take care bro. Good luck and have fun! Once again, a pat on the back from me on your success!